Coronavirus discussion thread

136 watchers
Jul 2021
1:54pm, 30 Jul 2021
4,788 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
It's a good basic precaution against the spread of disease Ultracat. I'd like to know what all the people who rushed out and panic bought soap - leading to the shortages - were doing before CV19!
Jul 2021
2:27pm, 30 Jul 2021
21,158 posts
  •  
DeeGee
That's what surprised me. First things to disappear off the shelves at the start of the pandemic were soap and bogroll.

I can only presume that there are a lot of particularly filthy people around.

(Athough, to be fair, if I genuinely couldn't get hold of bogroll, I'd definitely stock up on soap.)
Jul 2021
2:38pm, 30 Jul 2021
4,790 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I can understand the loo roll as someone who doesn't have a newspaper delivered. :-)
Jul 2021
2:53pm, 30 Jul 2021
15,276 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Not aimed at you LMH it’s a general comment as I hear so many people (not just Fetchies other social media & comments made by colleagues) apply their situation to others.

I felt judged when I didn’t isolate following the ‘you’ve been to a venue’ ping even though there was no requirement to isolate.
Jul 2021
3:04pm, 30 Jul 2021
53,493 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
UC, we were on a Royal Caribbean cruise liner in 2019 and hand sanitiser was everywhere and a really big thing going into the dining hall and any staircases..it was something you just got used to doing.

Going into Asda and I see fewer and fewer people sanitising before they go in and leave - for me it’s just habit.
Jul 2021
3:20pm, 30 Jul 2021
4,816 posts
  •  
run free
I have now seen people sneeze in their hand and then touch things in the supermarket. Freedom day!
Jul 2021
3:24pm, 30 Jul 2021
15,277 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
And why I’ll sanitise even if it doesn’t help prevent as much as originally thought.
Jul 2021
3:33pm, 30 Jul 2021
20,543 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
The problem with a sneeze is that often comes along without warning and there isnt time to do anything more than get your hand in the way :-(. I guess though if that happens you shoudl return to the sanitisation station

I remember once when ciovid first started and I was waiting outside a shop for my wife as we couldnt go in together and I sneezed into my hand. Literally nothing I could do but I got lots of nasty looks and had to wait til I was back at the car, and my wife had the keys.
Jul 2021
3:34pm, 30 Jul 2021
8,141 posts
  •  
sallykate
I've kept up the sneezing into the elbow thing if I can't get to a tissue in time.
Jul 2021
3:48pm, 30 Jul 2021
765 posts
  •  
forest plodder
Yes, I adopted the sneeze into the crook of the elbow after seeing a programme on how they reduced infections with other viruses in Nepal I think. Predates COVID.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.