Coronavirus discussion thread

1 lurker | 136 watchers
Jul 2021
2:05pm, 28 Jul 2021
2,272 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
If you're sharing staircases or rubbish chutes then there could be a chance of infection (although minimal). I don't have mine switched on while home, or in my office at work because of this risk.
Jul 2021
2:11pm, 28 Jul 2021
8,123 posts
  •  
sallykate
We're in a big Victorian conversion on the ground floor. We have our own entrance, not shared with anyone. I have now switched it off.

I'm actually less sceptical about it now that I know why I was pinged.
Jul 2021
2:17pm, 28 Jul 2021
26,849 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Question - last email from work was WFH being reviewed end of August i.e. WFH until 1st Sept

I suspect from noises that this will then turn into .... lets get people back.

Hubby has been working throughout in the warehouse and not once done a LFT, if/when I return to the office should I be doing LFT and how frequently?
Jul 2021
2:22pm, 28 Jul 2021
8,961 posts
  •  
Meeps
EP, are your work providing the tests, they should be able to tell you how often you should do them.
Jul 2021
2:36pm, 28 Jul 2021
26,851 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I already have a load but yes we can get them
hubby works for the same place so I'm not sure if it "optional"
but I am in the open plan office so more people in the same air
Jul 2021
2:44pm, 28 Jul 2021
12,379 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
That's good that you managed to find out what caused it, sk.

I got a call from Test&Trace today. Surprised it was on my mobile as I did give them my landline number. How do they know I'm actually at home?

My brother's been invited to join the test program that Boris was supposed to have been on. He's got a batch of LF tests so he'll be allowed out if he tests negative. This will be good news as Sainsbury's sent the wrong cat food and I'm worried that Hester won't eat it :-)
Jul 2021
4:30pm, 28 Jul 2021
2,273 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
EP, we do ours twice a week. Which I guess makes sense if you think that symptoms should appear within a few days if the LFD was a false negative due to low viral load (hopefully not enough to transmit). We're all wearing masks in communal areas anyway (but not our personal offices).

I always do them first thing in the morning on the days I go in. I have very little outside contact anyway, so I'm pretty low risk. My issue is that I can't be bothered to report the negatives, although I always take a picture on my phone instead.
Jul 2021
4:34pm, 28 Jul 2021
39,356 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
UK falling behind in vaccination rates compared to rest of Europe? (EU to overtake UK in per 100 population vaccinations?) I need to go an find the source, as I've just read a Fetchie post of a YouTube video of a rumour... Looks like apart from Iceland most Euro countries are behind UK, but only by 1-12% and catching up. Could they really be ahead within a week?
Jul 2021
4:35pm, 28 Jul 2021
26,854 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
thanks GG
Jul 2021
4:39pm, 28 Jul 2021
52,979 posts
  •  
DrPhleecingD
Lots of European countries doing under 18s

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.