•  
Bazoaxe
negative :-)
Jul 2021
8:27pm, 15 Jul 2021
8,851 posts
  •  
Meeps
We've only got to do one more on Sunday, not sure what's after that.
Jul 2021
8:39pm, 15 Jul 2021
12,312 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Anyone else having conflict between those wfh and those coming into the office? We've got people who haven't been in since the first lockdown and those of us who have been coming in at least some of the time are now getting increasingly frustrated. There are parts of the job that have to be done in person and people are starting to grumble about always being lumbered with it.

I'm getting to the stage where I think management need to impose a rota!!!
Jul 2021
8:45pm, 15 Jul 2021
6,762 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I'm going into the office on Monday for only the fourth time since lockdown. We do have a rota but, as I am not frontline staff, I have been advised to stay at home.

We are soon to be implementing a new set up in light of the successes of remote working. Full-time staff will do two days in the office and three at home. Part-timers will do one day a week in the office and the rest at home.
Jul 2021
8:54pm, 15 Jul 2021
12,313 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I can understand that some roles can be done remotely all the time but I'm annoyed at the people who do virtually the same job as me never coming in.

I'm probably grumpy as I was the only one in yesterday and I ended up walking over 5 miles between all the offices I had to visit :-o
Jul 2021
6:03am, 16 Jul 2021
4,739 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
My bad.
Jul 2021
7:55am, 16 Jul 2021
15,194 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I can imagine that is frustrating Rosehip what is the reason you’ve been in throughout? A total sounds fairer for those who are left doing the tasks others could be doing.

We had an opposite issue that someone who could do all their job from home had to go in as their line manager was on site and wanted them in too it took a bit of persuading but got it resolved.

My worry is that management will want people in so we’ll end off saying one thing (flexible hybrid working) and doing the other.

Other than a meeting or to scan documents I’ve no reason to be on site but I think it will be a 2 day week requirement
Jul 2021
8:30am, 16 Jul 2021
21,108 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I'm not saying kids faking LFTs is an issue. I'm saying its a thing, as well as screenshotting 'positive' messages to show and other little tricks. It's only like kids forging a note to get out of games. Obvs, for the time being, if we're told of a positive LFT, we have to send the bubble home until a PCR comes through.
Jul 2021
10:09am, 16 Jul 2021
25,455 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
"The UK is "not out of the woods yet" and people should act with caution as Covid restrictions in England end on Monday, Prof Chris Whitty has said.

England's chief medical officer warned that Covid hospitalisations were doubling every three weeks and could hit "scary numbers" in future.

Prof Whitty said the pandemic still had a "long way to run in the UK"."

Everything's under control.
Jul 2021
10:12am, 16 Jul 2021
77,559 posts
  •  
swittle
The prof makes a compelling case for continued caution. In this case, I'm delighted to be 'compelled'.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.