Coronavirus discussion thread

2 lurkers | 136 watchers
Jul 2021
9:37pm, 14 Jul 2021
4,801 posts
  •  
run free
Come to Singapore...... it's on the green list...... oh but since we're from the UK, we are on the danger list so have to quarantine for 14 days (at one point went to 21 days)
Jul 2021
9:48pm, 14 Jul 2021
15,177 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
We’ve come to conclusion that we won’t get to Hong Kong this year and even looking doubtful that we’ll get back to Oz in 2023 - countries doing their best to keep the virus out.
Jul 2021
10:45pm, 14 Jul 2021
39,178 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
MN - is your job mostly office based? My company has said doesn't expect normal in office work until 2022 and maybe not then.

Expect to take tests? Good idea, but then, like schools, company yo supply tests, surely?
Jul 2021
10:58pm, 14 Jul 2021
15,178 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
On testing for work I’ve been working with our business to balance expecting people to take tests (more necessary for every day on site workers) to asking people to take a test before coming on site and the recording of that information in line with GDPR (as it’s sensitive data being medical info) requirements

What is ‘requested’ how are people expected to demonstrate this, what if people don’t want to do a test? How do we prove they’re telling the truth…. Then what do we do with the info. It’s a minefield.
Jul 2021
11:05pm, 14 Jul 2021
1,561 posts
  •  
Turtlemama
Perfect example of the public's approach... Yesterday at work went to a poorly 80sthg lady. Various family members had turned up. Including an 8yr old boy. I asked why he wasn't at school. Apparently "he's isolating".

Wonderful. So isolating now means travel with various family members to a vulnerable person's home. Excellent.
Jul 2021
6:40am, 15 Jul 2021
3,302 posts
  •  
TomahawkMike
Turtlemama. That sort of thing has been going on throughout the pandemic. The number of children who have been revealing to their teachers just how many "bubbles" they are in with friends and family would be funny if not so tragic in some cases.
Jul 2021
6:41am, 15 Jul 2021
4,729 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
gg - the whole premise of getting pinged by the app is surely that your phone has been in proximity of a person who tested positive for fifteen minutes or longer?

That's a great example of the general public using common sense Turtlemama. No doubt the parents decided that despite the child being told to isolate he wasn't actually at risk of having it. It makes a mockery of any kind of test and trace system whether school bubbles or the app.
Jul 2021
7:11am, 15 Jul 2021
48,428 posts
  •  
LindsD
One of my adult children really didn't understand the bubble thing at first. He thought it meant 'all the people you usually see'. He's not at all stupid or unintelligent.
Jul 2021
7:12am, 15 Jul 2021
48,429 posts
  •  
LindsD
HappyG tests are free to everyone and freely available at pharmacies and testing centres and by post
Jul 2021
7:14am, 15 Jul 2021
15,090 posts
  •  
larkim
The fact that self isolation for school kids is planned to cease from the end of this term also reinforces behaviour which bends the rules. We've stuck to the rules, but having had four or five doses of two of our sons at home due to close contact and no subsequent signs of them being infected, nor the rest of us picking it up, I am a lot more blasé about the fact that I've currently got one boy at home under SI.

He won't be going anywhere during the SI period of course which will compromise what we can do as a family this weekend but as he's nearly a teenager he can be left at home without difficulty. It would be more disruptive if he was younger of course.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.