Coronavirus discussion thread

136 watchers
Sep 2020
5:02pm, 21 Sep 2020
18,768 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
it was always there and clear in the 1st weeks way back in feb but then got watered down to a cough
Sep 2020
5:05pm, 21 Sep 2020
5,630 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
I've always heard "persistent" used, as opposed to just cough, just never been clear what persistent meant. the info is certainly there if you go looking (which i mostly did to reassure myself I was right in thinking I definitely had no COVID associated symptoms when I had what I assumed was a cold!)
Sep 2020
5:07pm, 21 Sep 2020
18,769 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Northern Ireland First Minister Arlene Foster says that restrictions announced for certain local postcodes last week will now apply across NI as a whole.

It means that people from different households cannot mix indoors unless they are in a social bubble. More than six people cannot meet outdoors.

Mrs Foster says doing nothing was not an option but neither was returning to a full lockdown.
Sep 2020
5:08pm, 21 Sep 2020
18,770 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
so assuming that the 4 heads are talking and listening to each other (apparently they all talked this afternoon) is this an indication as to where we are all going?

Sturgeon had already said expect stricter measures too
Sep 2020
5:11pm, 21 Sep 2020
938 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Yes aware of that (I checked) but wondered how it’d be received at school - lots of coronoia about.
Sep 2020
5:15pm, 21 Sep 2020
5,631 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
I would be surprised if there wasn’t some sort of further travel restriction as well as the things you mention EP

And yes Totriornottotri, hard to know how things will be received. I actually had our health manager tell me I “sounded like I had COVID” when I was just very snotty which wasn’t particularly helpful
jda
Sep 2020
5:16pm, 21 Sep 2020
8,424 posts
  •  
jda
EP, I thought the Whitty/Vallance thing was broadly right, I can certainly quibble with some details but in broad brush it was very reasonable.

But there is still no real sight of a finish line whatever we do in the way of social distancing. I don't think 6 months is particularly an endpoint other than that it should become a bit less cold and rainy so easier to spend time outdoors again. Enjoy these last few (?) fine days while you can is my advice!

As for symptoms vs cold, my understanding is that it's not very much like a cold at all for adults, maybe a bit closer for children in some cases but my propensity has always been very much for a dripping nose and sneezing rather than persistent cough and/or headache/fever so perhaps that's partly my bias.
Sep 2020
5:51pm, 21 Sep 2020
11,504 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Something is afoot... just when I guess

news.sky.com
Sep 2020
5:53pm, 21 Sep 2020
37,008 posts
  •  
DocM
alert level rising from 3 to 4
Sep 2020
5:57pm, 21 Sep 2020
18,774 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Gg I guess the ni statement is a clue as with valence and witty this morning

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.