BIKE THREAD

200 watchers
May 2008
7:32pm, 10 May 2008
2,390 posts
  •  
Well I was going to go for the 50's at first but now like the 60's then thought the 90/60 combo but either way it's around the £600/700 mark :-( Mind you the Zipps were more expensive although the planet x are cheaper but well I really like the Hed's!! Could do with the ali rims though esp. for Nice as reckon the carbon clinchers will have me squeeling all the way round the s bends!!
May 2008
11:40pm, 10 May 2008
2,636 posts
  •  
hammerite
Good luck tomorrow Han, don't forget those bidons though, you may be a hardcore fell runner, but I can never believe how thirsty I feel after a swim even though I hardly drink anything when cycling/running usually.

Picked up my bike today after being kitted and fitted with tri bars, there were some very nice bikes coming and going at my LBS, including a lovely looking Lampre-Colnago mmmmmmmm! I think I got on ok with them when trying, although at one point I thought to myself "how much cornering can I do on these?" then at the last minute I realised that I needed to brake heavily for that particular corner!!!

Don't forget the Giro started today, team time trial wasn't hugely interesting, but race proper starts tomorrow.
May 2008
7:55am, 11 May 2008
898 posts
  •  
GregP
Hanns - great call with the buff. Jelly babies? I'm more a pro plus chap but the principle applies ;-)
May 2008
6:42pm, 11 May 2008
33,904 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Ahhh, well I did the hole thing on nothing, as it stands... Bidon was dead weight on the bike... after all, it was only 1.24.03 minutes worth of effort, that ain't nothing, not even in todays heat... Must admit to be disappointed with my time... traffic and pollen were uncollaborative and caused trouble and slowed me down on both bike and run :-(

Full report on the Trisport Fetch thread :-)
May 2008
6:43pm, 11 May 2008
33,906 posts
  •  
Hanneke
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=14192&pics=yes
May 2008
10:25am, 12 May 2008
3,151 posts
  •  
jude
Hann, you need to take some fluid/energy on board, I know it doesn't seem long but your body is used to not needing while *running* not while tri-ing. Swimming and cycling take it out of you in a different way. You'll enjoy it so much more if you are hydrated and have enough *boing* in your legs to cope with the 'dead leg' feeling of running off a hard bike leg. really well done on your first tri though, you must be near the top of the novices??
May 2008
10:31am, 12 May 2008
587 posts
  •  
How did the the Tri go then Hann? it's something I've always wanted to try myself, but as I can't run and swimming takes up too much time, i'll stick to the bike.

I had a good ride yesterday, 71 miles over some tough northumbrian hills, longest this year. came back knackered, as usual. My mate has signed me up for a 100 cyclo-sportive ride in scotland, so I have to get fit.

It was nice to come home with a cycling 'tan'. :-)
May 2008
10:36am, 12 May 2008
33,958 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Sounds like a good ride PL... I am just trying this tri lark and am not enjoying the swimming, so may well revert to pure cycling and pure fell running... Thinking about trying my hand at cyclocross, anyone on here ever tried that?
May 2008
33,959 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Jude, how do they know I am a novice???
May 2008
33,960 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Everyone thought I was a seasoned triathlete yesterday...

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP