BIKE THREAD

200 watchers
Jul 2008
1:03pm, 2 Jul 2008
1,259 posts
  •  
I've been looking at the route and the first week is very hard with lots of small hills. It would not suprise me that we get a long breakaway staying away and someone getting a big lead untl the big mountain stages. It's that type of tour this year.
Jul 2008
1:05pm, 2 Jul 2008
2,885 posts
  •  
hammerite
This is Lance we're talking about, the same guy who after Owen Wilson split with Sheryl Crow started seeing her (Owen and Lance are good friends apparently).

The same guy who started seeing Kate Hudson after Owen Wilson split with her...... I can see a theme!!

My top tip for the tour is Damiano Cunego. I expect High Road (Team Columbia) to dominate the early race sprints with Cav and Ciolek in their team.

In fact 3 weeks today I'll be stood on Alpe d'Huez watching the race go by. Quite excited about it!
Jul 2008
1:07pm, 2 Jul 2008
19,791 posts
  •  
Gobi
My top tip is

see who Owen Wilson is dating and work out who Lance will be seeing next
Jul 2008
1:28pm, 2 Jul 2008
2,888 posts
  •  
hammerite
I like Owen Wilson though, apparently he tried killing himself last year due to his relationship problems :-(

Anyway back to Le Tour

my top 3: Cunego, Valverde, Evans
Green: Ciolek (Cav will get the early flat stages, but drop out for Olympics prep and Ciolek will take over, and will have taken good points for finishing high behind Cav in earlier stages as his lead out man)
White: Ricco
KoM: ........... really not sure! Maybe Cunego.
Jul 2008
1:30pm, 2 Jul 2008
36,835 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Oh, so if I want Lance, I better make sure I see Owen Wilson first ;-)

Hmmm, think I am better off going for a run :-D
Jul 2008
3:06pm, 2 Jul 2008
2,130 posts
  •  
Tri Mikey
Another TT tonight, 10 miles again.
Not really into Le Tour, too many drug cheats for me to give it respect.
Jul 2008
3:13pm, 2 Jul 2008
2,386 posts
  •  
Rach E
I have similar views re. drugs Tri Mikey. However, after visiting Alpe d'Huez this spring I've got an even greater interest than normal. Good luck at the TT.

It was the Landis drug incident a couple of years back that really upset me. I'd been glued to the tour and had been hugely impressed with his cycling and almost felt cheated myself for all the time I'd spent watching when he got caught.
Jul 2008
3:15pm, 2 Jul 2008
3,407 posts
  •  
GregP
Strange but true, it has never stopped my admiration for Marco Pantani...
Jul 2008
3:16pm, 2 Jul 2008
12,929 posts
  •  
B.B.
Dwain Chambers is my hero

Oh hang on, wait...
Jul 2008
3:17pm, 2 Jul 2008
1,260 posts
  •  
there aren't that many truly flat stages they are quite lumpy which will suit escapees. not sure cavendish is ready for the tour finishes. let's hope I'm right.

cunego good bet, valverde and evens. the french have a new lad who has produced some results, can't remeber his name.

frank schleck is an outsider.

rode up the alp years ago, would love to see tour go up. have a good time hammerite

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP