Baking thread

99 watchers
Jun 2020
4:28pm, 7 Jun 2020
2,695 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
That sounds lovely Mandy - do you have a link to the recipe?

Just testing the banana peanut butter cup cake and it's a success. Because I freestyle so much (just about everything I do is 'based on a recipe') it's always a bit of a nervous wait to see if it's going to be edible or require custard. Not baking but making oat waffles for pudding tonight.
Jun 2020
4:47pm, 7 Jun 2020
16,995 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Lol @ LMH. You live on the edge :)
I made a Victoria sponge. I used tins that were too big so it looks flat but it has risen and is very soft and spongy :)
Jun 2020
4:49pm, 7 Jun 2020
9,791 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
sainsburysmagazine.co.uk

It is very moist and tasty
Jun 2020
4:54pm, 7 Jun 2020
9,792 posts
  •  
Mandymoo

Oh doesnt like the almonds on the top..it freezes really well too
Jun 2020
5:13pm, 7 Jun 2020
16,996 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Can't beat a bit of rhubarb!
Jun 2020
5:19pm, 7 Jun 2020
1,731 posts
  •  
runnyeyes
Mandy. Looks fabulous

My pancake choux buns were a GF recipe from Doves. To be fair it specified bread GF flour and I used SR GF That was probably a factor.

Brother in law added damson compote, cream and white chocolate. He seemed happy enough with the ‘pancakes’
Jun 2020
5:20pm, 7 Jun 2020
1,732 posts
  •  
runnyeyes
Actually that rhubarb and almond cake might work with GF...
Jun 2020
5:34pm, 7 Jun 2020
2,696 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I do GM. I usually follow a recipe as written (apart from adapting for gf) the first time and then freestyle from there.

That looks lovely Mandy - thank you.

Not much flour in it runnyeyes so you shouldn't even need xanthan gum really. I think the bread flour would probably have given very different results, the Doves Farm recipes are usually quite reliable. I'm hoping to get gf bread flour this week - all the gf flours have been out of stock for weeks. I'd also like some baking powder, I'm ok for now but won't be for much longer. Can't really go for the 16kg bags that I could get from Doves Farm, even with my cake habit it would take me a long time to get through that much.
Jun 2020
6:06pm, 7 Jun 2020
2,038 posts
  •  
Oranj
That rhubarb & almond cake looks fab, a couple of my favourite flavours right there.
Jun 2020
1:36pm, 8 Jun 2020
3,092 posts
  •  
jacdaw
Bread buns for lunch, made yesterday with fresh organic yeast.

About This Thread

Maintained by LindsD
Can't find one, so I thought I would start one, to share ideas, results and recipes....and the all-important pictures.

Recipes we like: cakes

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=552

Recipes we like: bread

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=553

Recipes we like: savoury snacks

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=554

Recipes we like: biscuits

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=555