1000 miles in 2024

59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
4 Jul
9:18am, 4 Jul 2024
8 posts
  •  
Donnie1
I wish I could rattle along as quickly as this thread does. Great work everyone.

Some mention by posters about upcoming events. I'm in the Yorkshire marathon which is mid October. I did this event last year in a rather heart breaking 4.00.02. Hopefully can find three extra seconds this year.

Three runs to log on consecutive evenings, all about 5.20 per km and all feeling a bit tired.

7.2, 5.2 and 5.3

Ytd: 464.9
4 Jul
9:41am, 4 Jul 2024
15,393 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Best of luck Donnie I for the Yorkshire marathon! Was last years time, gun or chip?
duo
4 Jul
4:58pm, 4 Jul 2024
511 posts
  •  
duo
Great work everyone.

This thread doesn't half shift. :)

I'm still plodding but this weather can seriously stop now - 40+ mph gusts on the Costa del Clyde along with driving rain and temps struggling to get over 10 degrees

Good luck for Yorkshire Donnie. I did it back in 2017 and enjoyed it, lovely scenery, great atmosphere, and the organisation at the start was spot on.

I have a 45-minute recovery run on the back of yesterday's 10km tempo in the driving rain.

I swear that if there's any running events in a wind tunnel I'm guaranteed a podium place.
4 Jul
9:45pm, 4 Jul 2024
11 posts
  •  
MrM2
Great to read the wide range of running sessions and weather conditions!
Seemed to have to work hard for a 10:30/mile pace 6 mile run this afternoon. But it was windy!
YTD: 0840' .
5 Jul
5:57am, 5 Jul 2024
35 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
Another 3.2 this morning and then home to watch election results

Glad you’re still getting out MrM2
5 Jul
7:51am, 5 Jul 2024
23,018 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I did do a post the other day saying how cute your photo was Ed and giving kudos on all the runs but it’s not there! Can only presume I got distracted thought I’d posted and it got lost. Argh.

So I’ll say well done all for your various runs, so angry for you Lesley sounds like these elitist eejits will ruin your club for slower improving runners and will be for a bunch of egos. Gutted for you after all your hard work. Maybe a splinter club can find space to form.

I did a hill session yesterday, was supposed to be 5min hike with intent uphill then back down x 5 but we don’t have any hills big enough. I went to the bottom of a hill from the woods that is a killer and straight up another hill but even that took less than 4min and it was very risky going down the one in the woods with loose rocks so I tried another option it took just over 3min so instead of hikes I tried to run the shorter hill and the one with the longer section. Stuck to 5 reps should have been more but I didn’t have a full hour as my meeting had overran before I went out. As with the interval sessions I enjoyed it so def be putting some in my own plan.

Longer run today then we’re off for a night away so celebrate our anniversary (26) original plan was scuppered as the venue was hosting a prom so we’ve chosen another option and Ellie dog can come with us and we’ll go to the coast tomorrow for a walk. 4 more working days then we’re off for a week. Can’t wait I’m so tired all the time it’s crazy.

Have a good weekend and hope the sun comes back to play.
5 Jul
8:57am, 5 Jul 2024
7,002 posts
  •  
steve45
Plenty of time to train to knock off those three seconds beyond four hours Donnie1. Hope all goes well between now and the target marathon.
Tough conditions up there duo but your training is going well despite you calling it plodding!
Glad you enjoyed the challenge of woods and loose rocks amongst your interval session. Have a great anniversary celebration.
This morning 's 3.5 miles ( walk/run...and proper plodding!) marked the 46th anniversary of me starting running. On that day we had James Callaghan as PM!! He didn't last long as we slipped into a winter of discontent. Let's hope for better outcomes now.
duo
5 Jul
9:40am, 5 Jul 2024
512 posts
  •  
duo
Happy running anniversary Steve and happy anniversary GG - it was my 20th wedding anniversary on Wednesday there. Did you both (running and relationship) do anything special?

My 45 min recovery was cut short at 5km - I'd had enough of being soaked through, freezing and running into 40+ mph gusts.

Rest day for me today
5 Jul
10:48am, 5 Jul 2024
15,399 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done everyone, lots of interesting posts, but difficult to keep with 😃

Congratulations to Steve, GG and Duo. I think it must be about 50 years since I started "running" in a pair of baseball boots

I did the usual Friday Farmers Walk this morning in the rain, and have a dental appointment this afternoon. Tomorrow is the Lymington parkrun which is mainly on grass, which will be wet. I'll probably wear my trail shoes.
5 Jul
8:46pm, 5 Jul 2024
4,232 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
@Donnie1 it’s totally mad how different you’d feel with a 3:59:59 but it’s exactly the same achievement to do a 4:00:02.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000