1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
24 May
8:42am, 24 May 2024
6,900 posts
  •  
steve45
Hope the rest day and stretch day sets you up well for tomorrow hs.
Another calm,dry morning here, quite unlike the wet stuff east and north. Only two miles again quite simply because my coughing is still spoiling things and my HR reflects it. Luckily I'm out on trails and there is seldom anyone else about at the time I'm there because I'm sure they'd be concerned at my hacking!
Hope Josh Kerr does the business in New York this weekend and beats Ingerbritsen!
24 May
11:11am, 24 May 2024
15,154 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, I last ran the Lymington parkrun in 2016 in 23.44. I'll be aiming for sub 28.30 tomorrow.

Well done for your persevering with run/walk despite your persistent coughing. I hope that you are not doing yourself any harm though by doing this.
24 May
4:18pm, 24 May 2024
3,844 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done on your runs this week's folks.

Hopefully your pesky cough goes away soon Steve. Good for you for still.getting your runs in.

Good luck with your parkrun attempt tomorrow HS.

I was out with the club on Tuesday, mixed intervals on a grass track. Wasn't that enjoyable, the grass and dandelions were quite long. It was a bit start and stop which is not to my liking. Anyway not my session.

I did a solo run yesterday morning on the forest, it was pleasant. It had been raining overnight so had cooled down a bit.

Not sure what I will do tomorrow. I feel like I am getting a cold. So not feeling great tis afternoon. I have been quite tired this week so that probably explains it.

Have a good one everyone!
24 May
4:47pm, 24 May 2024
15,156 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Lesley, and well done for Tuesdays mixed intervals on a grass track. I know what you mean about the condition of the track. Our club does a grass track session once a week during the lighter evenings, at a local Academy. The grass is usually longish, and the ground rather lumpy in places. I haven't run on it this year, preferring to run on the gravel track in the forest in the mornings.

Your solo forest run yesterday sounded good. I hope that your feeling tired doesn't develop into a cold. There do seem to be quite a lot about.
24 May
5:02pm, 24 May 2024
22,378 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Thanks guys appreciate the sound advice. I am sadly one of those who frequently works through lunch on Wednesday I finished work with only 287 steps! My friend manages at least 10000 a day even working from home but she can walk around while talking on meetings I can’t as I need to either be sharing screens or watching screens.

Anyway today was a 2.5hr run gutted I wasn’t doing what I’d planned as we haven’t made it to the boat sadly so just took myself off around the local roads and trail paths. Clocked up 10.3 then walked 1.4 with a friend.

Mad afternoon shopping and meeting my mam and now relaxing with the compression boots on. I’m exhausted this week and no idea why so taking a 1/2hr out.

Hope you get a good time tomorrow hs

Hope the cough does one soon Steve and hope the cold stays away Lesley and good running team.
25 May
9:54am, 25 May 2024
6,902 posts
  •  
steve45
What a nice forest run Lesley, hope the cold doesn't develop. That's how my b***** cough started three weeks ago.
Lumpy grass routes are a must to avoid for me too hs, the gravel trails or even muddy ones are less likely to cause an ankle twist.
Fabulous 2.5 hour run which made up for the sedentary day. Are your compression boots for a specific issue or a recovery routine?
At last...I did 5k in this morning's sunshine and didn't cough once. Didn't cough during the night either. Looking good for a quiet bank holiday!!! Annoyingly I've lost two pounds weight this week and can't afford such weight loss.
25 May
9:59am, 25 May 2024
6,903 posts
  •  
steve45
Thanks for your concern hs re my coughing. If it had continued today then I had decided to see the GP again but as I mentioned, I didn't cough this morning!
25 May
12:23pm, 25 May 2024
15,158 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks GG. Well done for yesterday's 10.3 mile run, and 1.4 miles walk afterwards with a friend.

Well done Steve for this mornings 5k cough free run in the sunshine 🌞

This mornings Lymington parkrun went really well. It was a 3 lap course and about 95% on grass. I only just missed my target of 28.30, but was pleased with my official time of 28 38, 1st AG 75-80 out of 5 runners, and 70.14 WAVA.
25 May
2:18pm, 25 May 2024
11,852 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
An excellent result hillstrider, well done.

I'm pleased to read your cough has done one Steve and hope it continues that way.

Shame about your weekend plans GG but at least you got out for a run.
25 May
10:05pm, 25 May 2024
4,163 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Great result HS well deserved. Good news Steve fingers crossed you're over the worst. Take care and listen to your body Lesley. My parkrun was 31.46 not too unhappy with it as it was trail and hilly. We are marshalling tomorrow at Ride London getting a coach at 6 and the weather doesn't look too promising.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000