4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
26 May
8:12am, 26 May 2024
6,904 posts
  •  
steve45
Excellent trot hs! Great WAVA.
Your park run was great too LL especially on that terrain. Hope the weather isn't too unpleasant for the event and the marshalling goes well.
The cough is pretty much behind me now . I've lost a bit of whatever fitness I did have and will haul it back slowly. ( 😂 no other option!).
5k this morning on damp trails following overnight rain. I didn't see a single person out and about anywhere!
26 May
11:35am, 26 May 2024
15,164 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks FF and LL. Well done LL for your parkrun. That was a good time on a tough course.

Thanks Steve, I loved the course, mainly on grass, with very little mud. It is unusual to have 5 runners in the 75-80 AG, so I was pleased to come 1st.

I'm glad to hear that your cold has more or less cleared up. Well done for this mornings 5k on damp trails.

This morning was 4.28 miles on roads, with two running friends. We decided against running in the forest, as it rained heavily during the night.
26 May
12:03pm, 26 May 2024
22,390 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Excellent parkrunning hs you must be very chuffed with that.

Glad the cough has done one Steve and good to see you getting out a bit further.

I am procrastinating a run in the rain & wishing I’d gone out first thing. Right kick my butt if I’m still here in 1/2hr!
26 May
2:06pm, 26 May 2024
15,165 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks GG, I'll try to improve on that now.

I hope that you decided to brave the elements this afternoon.
26 May
3:00pm, 26 May 2024
22,394 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I went out it was a bit drizzly but then my goodness the heavens opened it was brutal but by then I was soaked so just got on with it. I actually really enjoyed the run. 7m done rounds me to 110 for the month.

Got home and the bath was run and the kettle on. Mr gg is a good ‘in.
26 May
8:20pm, 26 May 2024
3,545 posts
  •  
Evangel
Hi everybody. Sorry I haven't been on here for a long time, but we've had problems. One of them is that our laptop had been ailing for some time, which made typing really hard work. Then it finally passed away. After a friend at church had partially resurrected the laptop, we had to sadly part company. We bought a new one, but the data couldn't be transferred because the old laptop kept crashing. All this took a few weeks. Then I couldn't get back to my Fetch record, because when I first joined Fetch, I didn't need a Password. Lord Fetch came to my rescue, so here I am!
Since I had a knee injury in August 2024, I haven't got my running fitness back. Before Covid, my parkrun times were about 28 minutes but now my best time would be about 36:30 tops - about 3 min/mile slower. I'm also running just 3 times a week, and occasionally doing coaching runs with my OH, so 12-15 miles per week max. I don't exactly fit into the 1000 thread. I have currently got 200 miles for the year.
Sorry to bore you with a lengthy speech!
26 May
8:52pm, 26 May 2024
11,864 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Despite the difficulties you are back which is nice Evangel it's nice to see you here. I hope the knee injury in August doesn't happen ;-) but I know what you meant as long as you're back out running and enjoying it time and distance doesn't matter. You're entitled to have a grumble we're used to it as steve45 is still on the thread :-)
26 May
11:44pm, 26 May 2024
3,546 posts
  •  
Evangel
Oops sorry, FF. I meant August 2022! I'm not as yet in the business of predicting when I shall have an injury. I don't mean to seem to be grumbling.
27 May
8:28am, 27 May 2024
11,866 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
We all have a grumble or moan when we know how good we used to be but are now unable to do what we once could. I don't think we'd be human if we didn't.
27 May
9:40am, 27 May 2024
6,905 posts
  •  
steve45
What a nuisance with the lap top etc Evangel, glad that you're able to tap back in again now. And good that you're doing positive stuff with your OH.Despite your issues you'd still show me your heels in any run.
Good in you for ignoring the rain gg and a fine total mileage so far for May.
The "world" was wonderfully quiet again this morning even though I went out late at 7am. 3.3 miles still run/walking ; I was taking special note of my HR etc today because tomorrow afternoon I have my consultation with the COVID consultant who wants to discuss medication intervention for the diagnosed issues. It should be interesting!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000