1000 miles in 2024

1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
21 May
12:22pm, 21 May 2024
22,342 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
The cough is a real pain it just takes forever to go. Fingers crossed and good you’re still getting out.

Nice farmers walk today hs, ready for another session tomorrow I expect.

I managed to procrastinate too long to do the planned walk this morning but I did do a little wander before breakfast.

Trying not to be too frustrated with work (and failing - some people just rub me up the wrong way)
21 May
2:24pm, 21 May 2024
11,825 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Frustrating for you GG, it's not easy turning a blind eye to people you work with.
Well done for your cross training hillstrider.
The weather is coming over this afternoon over on the East Coast Steve so I ran today instead of tomorrow. I did 9 miles with 7 at tempo which quite surprised me after yesterday's 15. I'd managed 2 miles at a sensible pace and before I realised it I'd picked up the pace and when I did I thought 'let's see what happens'. Quite pleased with the 2 days but tomorrow is definitely a rest day.
21 May
10:51pm, 21 May 2024
22,344 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Def 2 days great running FF. Literally flying as always!

I just can’t be arsed with people making mountains out of molehills. A draft agenda if working out timings and male colleague wanting it looking like the finished article. He’s a proper diva and you have to go with his tantrums as we need him to do stuff on the day. But why he’s involved in the meat of the conference I do not know! And breathe…
21 May
11:53pm, 21 May 2024
11,827 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
There's always at least one.
22 May
12:01am, 22 May 2024
22,345 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I seem to work with all of them - head office w@xxxs
22 May
12:09am, 22 May 2024
11,829 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
🤦‍♂️🤣
22 May
8:26am, 22 May 2024
6,894 posts
  •  
steve45
Great training FF! A sensible start is often, if not always the key to a good tempo run. You don't have to be bothered about the rain now!
Hope you get some kind of walk at least gg.
What you describe is universal in so many work places settings. Glad I left that behind a decade ago.
Optimism about my cough turned around this morning as I coughed for most of my 5k outing. It didn't rain though but was mizzly and damp but no wind so it wasn't all bad!!
22 May
8:34am, 22 May 2024
22,347 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I can’t wait to leave it behind. I do think it’s the head office superiority thing and Lee has been building an empire so now has 4 direct reports he used to have 1! He’s a good ally at times but you have to work for it. He forgets that the direction training took many years ago came from an idea I had and shared in the working group I was part of!

Got home very late last night and had been up very early Monday so I’m shattered this morning I have a 50m interval session on plan today but I think I’ll switch it to tomorrow as for some reason Karen has given me a rest day only problem is the weather is meant to become disastrous today - I may regret this but left it too late to go out now while I do some fetch admin with a brew. I’ll do strength workout and yoga today and wing tomorrow. Long one Friday in St Ives which will be nice. And I can always sneak out early Saturday or Sunday for intervals. Not like I’m in full training mode at the moment.
22 May
11:13am, 22 May 2024
4,156 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Sorry to hear work is shitty GG. I’m retired 3 years now and don’t miss it for a second. Good your cough is drying up Steve and love your descriptive reports of your local scenery.
Well done as always HS. Also FF I admire your ability to knock out half marathons and more.
I’m ticking over did a nice 28 miles on my bike Sunday which was a lovely change and really enjoyed it. A club hill session last night in torrential rain was good fun.
I’ve started a Garmin coach plan for a 10k in October I am not sure how it will go but like a plan. I had to do a time trial this morning not sure how it all works yet.
22 May
11:56am, 22 May 2024
22,350 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Welcome back LL, hope you had the best time.

I do think a lot of my work troubles is my way of working isnt compatible with the team but I'm more thinking that it is the difference to working on the coal face and working around the madness that is HO, I had hoped coming to this role I could influence how things are done - but seems I'm wrong. Even sitting in a meeting yesterday I was fretting about updating on what I'm working on in case I said something wrong. I'm used to owning my role. Hoping things improve with a new manager.

Def starting to look at a retirement plan, must organise the financial adviser before holiday so we can have some serious chats & financial review while we're away.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000