Woof! Bark! And also Whiiiiiiiiiine.

106 watchers
Dec 2017
12:15pm, 17 Dec 2017
6,985 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Wanda is suffering from what I euphemistically call 'bone-y tummy' today.

This could be due to the raw bone I gave her to keep her quiet last night while the village Father Christmas charity collection was doing the rounds - we switch the lights off and don't answer the door so I distracted Wanda so she wouldn't bark!

Or it could be due to something she ate on her walk yesterday - neither of us saw exactly what it was she picked up or whether it was alive or dead before it reached her mouth but a lot of small bones were being crunched and there were a lot of feathers in her mouth too.

Either way it's boiled chicken and rice with a tummy tablet mixed in for the next 24 hours!!!
Dec 2017
12:25pm, 17 Dec 2017
24,645 posts
  •  
halfpint
There seems to be a theme on this thread at the moment.

Ernie is a bit bemused this morning as we have been in the kitchen making lots of interesting smelling things and he's not been offered any of them. He did however get the left over egg that was used for egg washing the mince pies, scrambled alongside his kibble.
D2
Dec 2017
1:43pm, 17 Dec 2017
10,200 posts
  •  
D2
Mine scared me yesterday by incessantly drinking water and eating snow...... seems fine today........ bloody dogs!
Dec 2017
1:48pm, 17 Dec 2017
20,794 posts
  •  
Deck the Halls Daisy
I am trying to reach my new target of 800 miles for the year so this morning I thought I would combine walking Floss with a gentle off-road jog through the fields before going on my Christmas card delivery run.

I've not tried running with her before, and I don't think I'll be doing it again! Usually on our walks she walks 'near-ish' but if a good smell, or another dog she knows etc come along she's happy for there to be a good distance between us and she catches up eventually (or indeed, waits for me to catch her up.)

As soon as I started a slow jog I became the most exciting thing she's seen for years :-) You should have heard the racket of yips and squeaks and barks! Then she started jumping up at me, on my back, front, side. :-( Even when I stopped she was ridiculously over-excited - I had to do some 'sit, then find the treats I've thrown' exercises to calm her down.

Total distance run with her: a third of a mile :-0 Would she grow out of the excitement do you think? Can my ears bear the noise to persevere? :-)
Dec 2017
1:50pm, 17 Dec 2017
4,112 posts
  •  
Mazlin
Both my dog and my friend’s dog got a small amount of mulled wine last night when I foolishly bent down to them with a glass in my hand and got bounced on. They seem fine (I shall be more careful in future so I don’t waste my wine!)
Dec 2017
2:05pm, 17 Dec 2017
4,114 posts
  •  
Mazlin
I’ve only ever run with Rory on-lead, LD, but it was definitely a bit of a pain at first with lots of circling and stopping dead and getting tied up in knots and now he’s much better and generally runs forwards in a straight line. Would Flossie go for running on a lead? (Ours has a bit of elastic so there’s some give in it, and goes round my waist.)
SR6
Dec 2017
3:10pm, 17 Dec 2017
60 posts
  •  
SR6
D2 I agree absolutely..... Rose is fine now but she really had me worried for a week or so. Rose is my first dog and I only really got her for my two girls after I got divorced. They left home and I got the dog. Love her to bits though...she is like my third child!
Dec 2017
3:43pm, 17 Dec 2017
5,351 posts
  •  
Helegant
Dogs do calm down once they normalise the new activity and I imagine Flossie would enjoy the experience.
D2
Dec 2017
5:50pm, 17 Dec 2017
10,201 posts
  •  
D2
I agree, the first time they see you run its a bit of a shock but they soon get used to it I find, maybe try with her on a lead?
Dec 2017
5:53pm, 17 Dec 2017
6,988 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Wanda runs quite well on a lead. She will be doing Christmas Day parkrun with me hopefully. I am sure Flossie will soon get the idea and settle down to running :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Support thread for owners of puppies.
Well, why not?

Now including All Matters dogdogdogDOG dogdogdog