Nicely done ITG!

And I like the Sky Sports analogies
ITG
May 2020
8:12pm, 12 May 2020
9,173 posts
  •  
ITG
I'm regretting it a bit as my foot is decidedly dodgy. A bit. Not completely ;) But it'll be a biking week mostly, I think.
May 2020
8:39pm, 12 May 2020
11,693 posts
  •  
NDWDave
Mind games from Wallman... I was surprised at the 5 games losing streak but that makes sense.

A win would expose me to the WSW equivalent of the Peter principle as I would edge further up the rankings
May 2020
8:52pm, 12 May 2020
656 posts
  •  
roberton
The difference is that WSW also features demotion. Thus leading to the eternal WSW truth "all WSW streaks end in failure".
May 2020
9:27pm, 12 May 2020
1,114 posts
  •  
xt350 πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ
I have been reading with interest all the tactics employed to get through the rounds... Any hints for me please as I can't get 57 squares due to being private land and another 10being in the Pacific ocean.

Willing to pay handsome reward if anyone would give me some of their squares πŸ‘πŸΎ
May 2020
9:36pm, 12 May 2020
5,085 posts
  •  
Raemond
For the multilayer I think the key is to target a smallish number of squares (maybe ten?) and just make sure you go through them every day, preferably with multiple activities.
May 2020
9:37pm, 12 May 2020
5,086 posts
  •  
Raemond
(and if you can swim in any of them... Do that)
May 2020
10:17pm, 12 May 2020
660 posts
  •  
roberton
What Raemond said.
For later rounds in multiplayer the number of squares to be repeatedly hit goes up πŸ“ˆ

As for unreachable squares, pretty much everyone has that to some degree. You can permanently set your home square to not be exactly where you live, that helps sometimes. More advanced is to move your square midweek to target more but since you can only move it once per week that’s getting a bit messy for me!
May 2020
8:46am, 13 May 2020
1,701 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
As somebody who also has 50-odd inaccessible squares, I find the best thing to do (once you've optimised the placing of your grid) is ignore them. If you can't make them accessible and can't stop your opponent(s) travelling through them there's nothing you can do so there's no point stressing.

Just travel through as many of the accessible ones as possible as often as possible and you'll stand a fair chance of winning - any score of 113 or greater is a guaranteed win; you don't need 200. For the multiplayer - I'd agree with the advice already offered
May 2020
8:49am, 13 May 2020
11,694 posts
  •  
NDWDave
I can get to about 160ish squares. One sector of my grid is a big field with no rights of way across it. However that is more than enough to be competitive - especially with a bit of grid movement

Flanker got really far in one multiplayer with by repeatedly running around just 5 squares

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php