The vaporfly thread

88 watchers
J2R
23 Jul
5:15pm, 23 Jul 2024
5,534 posts
  •  
J2R
Ah, someone mentioned that the other day. Dangerous, yes! How can you be sure the shoes aren't fakes from a place like this?
23 Jul
7:29pm, 23 Jul 2024
328 posts
  •  
Charlesvdw
I have sold my Alphafly's on Vinted.
With high-quality photo's it's quite clear if the shoes are the real deal or not.

The buyer demanded an additional picture of the sole, which I was happy to provide.
23 Jul
9:03pm, 23 Jul 2024
37,229 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
It’s different to EBay they have verification police and want to see certain pictures. Plus you can see previous sales the non verified people you are taking a risk
SPR
23 Jul
10:38pm, 23 Jul 2024
45,395 posts
  •  
SPR
Did 3 x 3000 on track with the Streakfly today and they do exactly the job I want for that type of session. The decent amount of cushioning and the lack of resistance to anything your foot wants to do is pretty nice. The cost I feel is change of pace is more effort but not an issue in training.

I've also been using them for my second easy run on days I've doubled recently. Feels like that works better than first run as legs feel better and then the cushion helps without feeling like it's making the run harder.

So a good training tool. Not sure how durable it will be though.
SPR
23 Jul
11:08pm, 23 Jul 2024
45,397 posts
  •  
SPR
How is the pacer V1 going @Chrisull? I didn't realise they were so low 17/25. Feels like with a plate that would be too harsh for general runs?
23 Jul
11:14pm, 23 Jul 2024
22,012 posts
  •  
Chrisull
They're good, they don't even feel much like supershoes. Yeah they are a little harsh, but I like that, it is kind of the sweetspot between minimal and a supershoe (which seems a weird combination), if I was a little fitter they'd be good for racing in.It feels like they have a kick in them when I pick up pace there's definitely a boost.
SPR
23 Jul
11:20pm, 23 Jul 2024
45,399 posts
  •  
SPR
Cool, I can't imagine the Reebok Floatride RunFast Pro with a plate but if it works then great. Clearly works for Emily Sisson, I wonder if she'll stick with them for the Olympic marathon or move to V2.
24 Jul
12:41am, 24 Jul 2024
37,230 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Anyone tried the ASICS Superblast they are a great all rounder maybe not for a race but everything else apart from easy runs.
NZD
24 Jul
3:59am, 24 Jul 2024
52 posts
  •  
NZD
Have the new SB2 (replaced old Nimbus 26 pair though). For me the SB2 have been great. However, I have never worn a plated shoe like the Sky ($$$$) so can't compare with those.

Three weeks and 91 km in on the SB2's (all on paved surfaces), for me the main things I noticed have been
+ more comfortable toe box
+ great wet traction
+ on checking my watch, I am regularly finding my pace is 0:20/km or so faster than it felt/I thought
+ and of course a lot lighter than my previous N26's
- at easy pace (~6:30/km or slower), they sometimes feel a little clunky(? not really the right word). Much less so at faster pace (> ~5:50/km)

Note that I am M75+ so likely run a lot slower than most of you; eg. typical recent parkrun times on a middling course 24:43 to 25:21. Only one parkrun in the SB2 so far was 25:11 but I was not in good form for that.

Would be interesting to know if the Metaspeed Sky Paris would offer any useful speed advantage over the SB2?
24 Jul
7:16am, 24 Jul 2024
1,782 posts
  •  
Chris
I got a pair of adios pro 3’s to try from vinted. Supposedly done less than 100 miles but they feel so soft and unresponsive that I’m not sure if they are just well used or if I just don’t like them.

About This Thread

Maintained by Windsor Wool
somewhere to talk about fast shoes whether you like / believe in them or not

The world has changed a lot since this thread began. Choose your weapon here:

certcheck.worldathletics.org