The vaporfly thread

88 watchers
24 Jul
3:08pm, 24 Jul 2024
37,233 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I tried the Magic Speed didn’t like them had a couple of runs in them easy, tempo and speed work.

The Sky and Edge are good speedwork/race shoe the Paris will be my go to A race. Moving away from VF and AF but don’t wanna sell them 🙈. Also just brought some Novas for everyday use
rhb
24 Jul
4:19pm, 24 Jul 2024
2,317 posts
  •  
rhb
Just re-checked plan & today's session is 8 miles witn 6 @ threshold so I'm not trying the Novablast out just yet...
SPR
24 Jul
4:23pm, 24 Jul 2024
45,415 posts
  •  
SPR
rhb wrote:I got me some Novablast for this mara block. Idea being use them for anything that is (mostly) steady miles. Magic Speed for shorter sharper stuff and the long runs with more mp stuff in them. Meta Speed to race in. Might be flawed logic, so willing to be corrected.

Looks like the perfect ASICS rotation there. They might what to convince you to get the Superblast 2 as well, lol.
SPR
24 Jul
4:50pm, 24 Jul 2024
45,417 posts
  •  
SPR
For the 'science', I wore the Streakfly for today's run which was on very tired legs after yesterday's session. As expected, it was a tough experience even though I was prepared for it. My ankles felt like they were working a lot harder than they would have been in my standard daily shoe which can be useful sometimes but probably not what you want on seriously fatigued legs.

I think for most of you with supershoes you could use for track workouts especially coming from a road background, the Streakfly wouldn't have much utility.
J2R
24 Jul
5:45pm, 24 Jul 2024
5,543 posts
  •  
J2R
HOD, I'd be interested in your thoughts on how the Sky Paris shoes compare with the Nikes.
24 Jul
6:50pm, 24 Jul 2024
37,234 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I’ll report back
NZD
24 Jul
8:09pm, 24 Jul 2024
53 posts
  •  
NZD
@SPR. Thanks. It will be interesting to hear @Hills of Death (HOD)'s real world experience over the coming weeks.
rhb
25 Jul
12:48am, 25 Jul 2024
2,318 posts
  •  
rhb
SPR wrote: Looks like the perfect ASICS rotation there. They might what to convince you to get the Superblast 2 as well, lol.

It's inevitable once they're on sale 😉
SPR
25 Jul
5:31pm, 25 Jul 2024
45,432 posts
  •  
SPR
Took the Streakfly out for 9 miles including 6 x 1000, slower for what felt like the same effort Vs the Takumi Sen 9 as you'd expect. What I realised just before the start of the third rep due to a downhill section was that I needed to focus more on cadence to run faster in the shoe. Still harder work, but was easier to get up to speed than first couple of reps. I doubt I'll use them for this session again, but I may use the Rivera 2 for this every so often to check I'm not getting 'lazy'.
SPR
26 Jul
3:09pm, 26 Jul 2024
45,446 posts
  •  
SPR
I asked Sportsshoes when they expect to get 13.5 in the New Balance SC Pacer V2. They said they don't know and then suggested the ASICS Kayano 31 as an alternative 🤣

About This Thread

Maintained by Windsor Wool
somewhere to talk about fast shoes whether you like / believe in them or not

The world has changed a lot since this thread began. Choose your weapon here:

certcheck.worldathletics.org