Hills of Death (HOD)
They are taking the piss
SPR
8 Aug
6:45pm, 8 Aug 2024
45,578 posts
  •  
SPR
Not really paid much attention to spikes at the Olympics but watching the women's 1500 semi finals, it looks like the Victory 2 (I guess the Elite version) has become the choice MD spike for the Nike pros over the Dragonfly 2. Will be interesting to look back at some point. Apparently all the new spikes are more stable so maybe that has meant more go with the aggressive spike.
8 Aug
9:08pm, 8 Aug 2024
37,253 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Managed to bag myself a pair of AF3 for £190 they feel the nuts
18 Aug
1:24pm, 18 Aug 2024
28,001 posts
  •  
Dvorak
The top ten finishing shoes of the men's Paris Olympic marathon. msn.com A couple of surprises in there.

And the top ten finishing shoes in the US men's and women's Olympic marathon trials. runnersworld.com
18 Aug
5:51pm, 18 Aug 2024
471 posts
  •  
AJLB
Quite a reversal for Nike, with only 2 of the 10, and the best in 5th!
rhb
18 Aug
6:10pm, 18 Aug 2024
2,331 posts
  •  
rhb
AJLB wrote:Quite a reversal for Nike, with only 2 of the 10, and the best in 5th!

Saved my bank balance, was thinking of Vaporfly as an investment towards sub-3 but my Metaspeed Edge probably not far behind... although noted I don't have the Paris version and do have a very itchy case of upgraditis.
SPR
18 Aug
6:25pm, 18 Aug 2024
45,754 posts
  •  
SPR
Easier to view via IG.

Men: instagram.com

Women: instagram.com

Obviously things are close enough now for people to have different shoes they respond to (elite aren't running in blacked out Nikes when not sponsored anymore). There likely was only one winner if Kiptum was still with us though and then Nike have both winners.
22 Aug
3:02pm, 22 Aug 2024
1,788 posts
  •  
Chris
How good is the asics return policy? I’m tempted to give some metaspeed edge paris shoes a go but at £220 I’m keen to be sending them back if they aren’t what I’d hoped for
22 Aug
4:31pm, 22 Aug 2024
37,273 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Superb
SPR
9 Sep
6:21pm, 9 Sep 2024
46,031 posts
  •  
SPR
So did you go for them @Chris

The Streakfly 2 dev shoe status on the WA list (Dev 19062) is due to expire today. It was worn by Elliot Giles for his mile road WR just over a week ago and the women's winner of the 5th Ave Mile wore them yesterday. Maybe there's no more road races for a while where pros will want to use them but the rules wouldn't make much sense if they can just extend the development period rather than release the shoe.

About This Thread

Maintained by Windsor Wool
somewhere to talk about fast shoes whether you like / believe in them or not

The world has changed a lot since this thread began. Choose your weapon here:

certcheck.worldathletics.org