•  
fuzzyduck79
Thanks Gus
Nov 2021
6:53pm, 4 Nov 2021
4,743 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
ps I don't think that WELCOME10 code works on those sale items, but you do get a free pair of socks with every pair of shoes bought :-p
Nov 2021
7:12pm, 5 Nov 2021
387 posts
  •  
ZenTaoPlurp
Thanks Fuzzy - I was just about to buy elsewhere.
Nov 2021
10:42pm, 7 Nov 2021
8,008 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
There was some talk a while back about the Atreyu "The Artist" shoes, mine arrived Thursday courtesy of a visit from my brother so I got to dip my toe into the world of performance enhancing shoes for the first time. Hate the way it's turned our sport into golf or cycling, but my aging calves can no longer put up with racing flats

Friday I did a 5k warmup to test them, good grip on wet tarmac, comfortable and sure fit, but the bouncy feel did not make my slightly iffy knee feel good.

Saturday they made their 'race' (not a race) debut at a wet and windy Springburn parkrun in Glasgow, a favourite course of mine though far from flat. In these conditions they felt light, fast, comfortable and grippy, and I'd say my time was at least 20s faster than expected (so about 2% improvement). Afterwards it felt like my knee had taken more stress than usual, but the calves felt perfect.

I'll need more data, but to get my first sub-19 time in 2 years on a miserable day after lots of wine with my brother the night before seems highly shoe related! So thumbs up for the brand so far. Certainly won't train in them though given the knee issues.
Nov 2021
6:01am, 8 Nov 2021
75,120 posts
  •  
Gobi
57 - I cant even walk around in the alphafly as they feel so weird but unlike you I find me calfs take a battering if I dont wear them often enough.
Nov 2021
7:02am, 8 Nov 2021
1,238 posts
  •  
Big_G
57.5, I did my first run in The Artist on Thursday and I really liked them (I have had them for a month or so but I wasn't able to use them prior to that, as I had Covid). They fit me perfectly, felt light and I just had this feeling that I wanted to run fast in them. I have the Zoom Fly 3, and I prefer The Artist over those as I cannot walk properly in ZF3! I do have the Vaporfly Next% and I would still opt for those in a race, but for me The Artist are a good shoe for sessions.
Nov 2021
10:48am, 8 Nov 2021
8,332 posts
  •  
Boab
57.5 are you saying they are a hangover cure :)
Nov 2021
11:00am, 8 Nov 2021
2,871 posts
  •  
Oranj
Saw some Gyakusou Vaporflys at an urban orienteering event on Saturday. Someone was taking it very seriously (!), although I'm not sure how useful they'd be with all the twists and turns you get in an urban O race.

I see you can get them in a red colourway now too but the price has gone back up to £270.
Nov 2021
11:48am, 8 Nov 2021
56 posts
  •  
Mr. Grumpy
How do the Next% compare fit-wise to the Zoom Fly 3?

I bought a size 8 in the ZF3 as I’d been ok with that size on two other Nike variants (Vomero 11 & React Infinity Run) but I found the ZF3 to fit both smaller and narrower, and could have done with going up a half size.
I do tend to find shoes with a wider front fit my foot better, but I can still get by with narrower ones if need be.
Nov 2021
1:11pm, 8 Nov 2021
8,012 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
57.5 are you saying they are a hangover cure
Good alternative to a quiet Friday night in!

About This Thread

Maintained by Windsor Wool
somewhere to talk about fast shoes whether you like / believe in them or not

The world has changed a lot since this thread began. Choose your weapon here:

certcheck.worldathletics.org