The Doctor K Cup

3 lurkers | 98 watchers
The seventh annual Doctor K Cup will take place on Saturday October 19th 2024

How to join in

Firstly, add the 2024 Doctor K Cup to your Fetch portfolio.

All you need is a GPS watch or app. On the day, RUN AT LEAST 5K WITHOUT LOOKING AT YOUR WATCH. The Fetch Benchmark system will pull out your fastest 5k from your run (so you can include it as part of your long run if you like). The person who gets closest to their prediction will be declared the winner (though the judges decision is final!).

It would be lovely if you could upload your 'K' pics to the gallery (make a K shape with your fingers) to help us remember Doctor K and all the Fetchies we have lost.

NB A GPS watch reporting 5.00km will do so from 4995 metres onwards, but you MUST run at least 5000 metres or more. To avoid disappointment add an extra 10 seconds on to the end of your run, just to make sure.

19 Oct
11:54pm, 19 Oct 2024
11,904 posts
  •  
_andy
First to Last! Well, probably close to first anyway.

This morning's parkrun was estimated at 22:45 (based on a fortnight ago), and with the watch started at "1" of the 3-2-1-go! and stopped a few steps after the finish line, at 22:47, that looked to be almost spot on target.

Alas, the once-round-the-loch parkrun came up short on the GPS, so hasn't counted 😕

But the warm down, which included coffee and cake with @Dvorak @JammyLu and @HappyG(rrr) , puts me in a clear last place, so I'll take my Lanterne Rouge instead. 😆 Had a good parkrun, and a good Fetchie catchup, which is what really counts.
12:16am
12:16am, 20 Oct 2024
78,179 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
I failed too but it's all about the fetchie catch-up
12:27am
12:27am, 20 Oct 2024
12,929 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Well done all!
8:02am
8:02am, 20 Oct 2024
51,188 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Lol Andy, I saw 1h28 or whatever results said and wondered what happened! Great to see you and D and Lucy, partner and 3 month old Lachlan. Glad to see you running so well again too.

Quite right LipGloss all about Fetchie friends, inc those who we'll not see again, which makes seeing those we can all the more special.
9:32am
9:32am, 20 Oct 2024
3,881 posts
  •  
GeneHunt59
Well done all. I forgot to enter, but I would have been about 5 minutes out.
9:36am
9:36am, 20 Oct 2024
12,931 posts
  •  
Joopsy
I think that everyone in the world will have had a chance to partake now and we have a winner!

@westmoors is extremely unlucky to come second with just one second out from the prediction.

The 2024 winner of the Dr K Cup is @Leatherback who was bang on prediction to the second. What an incredible run.

It will take me a few weeks to sort your trophy as my trophy man is away but I will sort as soon as I can. Please fmail your address and I will arrange.

Thanks again all for taking part and entering into the spirit in memory of some lovely departed people.

Thanks to @fetcheveryone for the automation, you are a fine human.

Until next year.x
9:37am
9:37am, 20 Oct 2024
24,692 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I have just been perusing back and noticed the idea we wear a band tshirt for the run I didn’t do a pic yesterday but as I’d forgotten to pack a running T I was actually running in my Aerosmith tshirt!
9:39am
9:39am, 20 Oct 2024
28,726 posts
  •  
Sigh
Thanks @Joopsy , a wonderful and fitting tribute to our dear lost friends.
9:44am
9:44am, 20 Oct 2024
45,530 posts
  •  
Ness
Thanks @Joopsy A fitting way to remember the dear lost friends.
11:09am
11:09am, 20 Oct 2024
11,591 posts
  •  
minardi
Thank you @Joopsy and congratulations @Leatherback

About This Thread

Maintained by Joopsy
2024 Instructions

Add the following race to your portfolio:

fetcheveryone.com/races/the-doctor-k-cup-10329609

Enter your predicted time by October 18th (the day before the run).

On the 19th October, run at least 5k WITHOUT LOOKING AT YOUR WATCH OR GETTING ANY PACING HELP!!!

RESULTS WILL BE POSTED HERE:

fetcheveryone.com/doctorkcup.php

Fetch will extract the results by looking at your benchmarks for 5k (so for your own sake, avoid tunnels, tall buildings, heavy tree cover, pylons etc). If you are running a local 5k loop, please add a bit on, just to make sure that your watch registers at least 5k's worth of data. But no peeking!

The person who is closest to their predicted time will win the 'Doctor K Cup' for one year.

NB Doctor K was a big parkrun fan - so you can do your run at parkrun, but ***PLEASE*** make sure you cover at least 5000 metres. A GPS watch reporting 5.00km will do so from 4995 metres onwards, but you MUST run at least 5000 metres or more. To avoid disappointment add an extra 10 seconds on to the end of your run, just to make sure.