The Daily Thread Red and yellow and pink and green

4 watchers
25 Sep
10:24am, 25 Sep 2024
115 posts
  •  
Unsafe Breadbin
Morning to Fetchland

Lyrics: Yes - a 'A Handful of Songs' springs to mind (showing age..)

What: 12 miles on the trail later, might try to work in a few @ PMP but we'll see...
Why: Now that the LSR are coming down, still feeling a compulsion to run for 90 mins or so.

Strength training - ongoing to mitigate a torn hip labrum. Planked / clamshelled like there's no tomorrow. Planks now up to 3 mins each side and front plus 3 * 60 clamshells each side on max resistance band. Can grate parmesan on some muscles..

Have a great day's training / resting all!
25 Sep
10:54am, 25 Sep 2024
79 posts
  •  
Dustin
Hiya
Breadbin - sounds a decent strength session....put me to shame. I really should do more!
Ale - you will be back in the groove soon enough
Riggsy - solid long running
Wabo - enjoy the catch up
Hazel - ohh speed - enjoy

What - Easy recovery (lunch), coaching village rabble (tonight)
Why - recovery / routine
last rest - 14/09
last hard - yesterday. Went with the grass session (I think Tine asked). Ended up being 10 x 600s off 200 easy rather than 8. Coach and peer pressure - sometimes I hate you...
Fairly solid though, but was getting dark by the later reps. Summer truly over.

lyric - yes
25 Sep
11:12am, 25 Sep 2024
76 posts
  •  
ElspethF
Morning!
Lyrics yes.
LFT neg after 9 days, will have forgotten what other folk look like!
So in to work to catch up on leftover results etc, which are still coming in after almost 2 months! Then into town for a few bits.
Had a few 0.5m runs in my 8 mile walk yesterday, felt OK but feel a bit the worse for it this morning. Going for a walk with friend this afternoon so will try again tomorrow. How quickly I loose fitness, and have a potential HM in 2 weeks time though if not fit can just go with Peter for the post run cake! However have had Cogaich HM in my thoughts for a few years now.
Ale, sounds like you're doing well, steady does it.
Not a bad day here but an autumnal chill in the sunshine!
Run well all!
25 Sep
11:18am, 25 Sep 2024
35,044 posts
  •  
Foxy
HazelnutCH wrote:Morning I was worrying you would be streaking again soon @alehouse Enjoy the company this evening @Autumnleaves and @Wabo Ups @Derby Tup . No slacking now! Good speed session yesterday @Dustin ? Got the idea of the fat and skinny 60mins runs @Velociraptor . Like that. Berlin marathon @Foxy ? I'm not jealous (done it in 2018). Nice long run @riggys99 pre taper 10k sounds good @Unsafe Breadbin Hope @ElspethF gets out soon! What: speedwork? Why: likely the last chance for it this week. Need to get this regular again and preferably organized for some sort of progression Last rest: 20.09.24 Lyrics: think so - might have had these already if yes?

My 4th & third on a row

Thanks for the support šŸ˜Ž
25 Sep
6:51pm, 25 Sep 2024
1,026 posts
  •  
Wabo
Evening
So mate changed run to tomorrow so I've jiggled things around and did a different solo run tonight
25 Sep
8:02pm, 25 Sep 2024
6,734 posts
  •  
lin50
Evening!

Lyrics : Yes

What : Almost 2 miles walked and a quick core session.
Why : Helping out with the new C25k group - week 1, run 1 tonight.
25 Sep
10:54pm, 25 Sep 2024
3,874 posts
  •  
riggys99
Evening all

Lyrics - yes
What - 5 miles easy today legs felt ok and only a little bit of rain
Why - recovery

Last hard- yesterday

Last rest - Sunday

Thanks @HazelnutCH hole you got your speedwork done

@PeterFay I have the maravan marathon in cleethorpes on the 24/11. 26.7 miles running around a holiday park

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by alehouse
Each day someone sets some song lyrics, often on a particular theme, eg colours, numbers, running, etc. Others then say whether they know the song or not, but DO NOT say what the song is: the answer is revealed the next day.

Current theme: COLOURS

Contributors then say
What their training will be
Why they are doing it

Some also say
Last hard
Last rest

Plus of course general comments about the weather, other peopleā€™s training or racesā€¦illness or injuries!

Feel free to join us and why not set some lyrics once you get the

X

Free training & racing tools for runners, cyclists, swimmers & walkers.

Fetcheveryone lets you analyse your training, find races, plot routes, chat in our forum, get advice, play games - and more! Nothing is behind a paywall, and it'll stay that way thanks to our awesome community!
Get Started
Click here to join 113,177 Fetchies!
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here