Welshpoppy
Shame no one to take in or leave with.
Darn Dentist.
3 Sep
5:05pm, 3 Sep 2024
3,829 posts
  •  
Shades
WP - I have 3 neighbours. One is too old, one is in hospital and the other one is at work.

I'll just have to wait until Thursday
4 Sep
6:47am, 4 Sep 2024
3,835 posts
  •  
Shades
My turn for a bad night's sleep last night. Running rest day, planned, nothing to do with poor sleep.
4 Sep
6:59am, 4 Sep 2024
4,439 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
Enjoy the dentist today Shades :) Shame about neighbours but it is only tomorrow for new shoe day.

Another bad night but will be running today.
4 Sep
7:36am, 4 Sep 2024
3,836 posts
  •  
Shades
WP - sorry you had another bad night.

Even though my dentist is lovely, it's never an occasion to be enjoyed, more endured, physically and no doubt financially too.
4 Sep
7:37am, 4 Sep 2024
3,837 posts
  •  
Shades
4 Sep
8:49am, 4 Sep 2024
4,442 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
You do better than me as i have a panic and phobia over Dentist's.

Run did not go well 1.5 mile I have aches and pains in hip and Achilles.Endure till it gets better.Looks like another walk today I hope I see the Red Kite again.
4 Sep
10:04am, 4 Sep 2024
3,841 posts
  •  
Shades
WP - sorry to hear your run didn't go well.

We don't have red kites here but saw one when I did an ultra at Llanelli and we were heading up towards Cross Hands, amazing sight.
4 Sep
10:11am, 4 Sep 2024
4,444 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
We are about 5-7 miles from Cross Hands .They really are amazing we have a family mum,dad and baby and usually see them when over PT way but have spotted them here as well- as PT is around 9 miles away.
4 Sep
10:33am, 4 Sep 2024
3,845 posts
  •  
Shades
That must be lovely to see.

We have lots of buzzards round here, they're huge and at times can get quite close as they tend to perch on gateposts etc when hunting,

About This Thread

Maintained by Shades
Back in December 2005 I started a thread on Runner's World offering a marathon training plan on 3 runs a week. I had my own running club at the time (Womens Running Network) and I had successfully trialled the training plan when I took a group of girls to Dublin to run their first marathon.

Over the years the thread has evolved into a chat thread, with a bit of training advice, race reports, for predominantly marathon runners.