Scottish Runners

86 watchers
Jan 2012
4:38pm, 27 Jan 2012
6,019 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
Entries for the Gartmorn 6 are now open at entrycentral.com

This year race HQ, registration and post race eating ar at the Sauchie Hall, Sauchie, about a 5 minute jog from the start and finish.

Hope to see you there :)
Jan 2012
6:19pm, 27 Jan 2012
17,164 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Try the 2012 thread Soapy!
Jan 2012
7:00pm, 27 Jan 2012
7,593 posts
  •  
_andy
It's here btw - http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=48626
Jan 2012
4:20pm, 31 Jan 2012
64 posts
  •  
Fraserfish
hi girls. I have made a West Lothian group http://www.fetcheveryone.com/groups-view.php?id=1035 for anyone who wants share routes in the area, or organise bake-offs. Also I have a facebook group, F.U.D.S running club for similiar things. facebook.com PLease feel free to pop in/join and I will feel quite important for an hour. That is all.
Feb 2012
4:33pm, 2 Feb 2012
68 posts
  •  
Fraserfish
further to above post me and a few chums are going for a wee run up a nice hill in Bathgate and beyond on Saturday morning. Anyone in the area who fancies joining us are all very welcome. Have a look on the West Lothian group for the route. Thanks. over and out
Feb 2012
8:22am, 4 Feb 2012
2,140 posts
  •  
jiminy cricket
Speed of Light, Edinburgh

Does anyone know why running standards of 3-5km with some hill experience, as called for in the initial description speedoflight2012.org.uk has changed, in recently issued the training pack, to standards of 10miles with hill experience?

I know the country is suffering inflation at the mo but that looks a tad steep :-)

Grateful for any observations/special inside knowledge ....
Feb 2012
8:26am, 4 Feb 2012
66,636 posts
  •  
santababy
I think they've filled the spots for folk doing less, and need some more folk to do more?
Feb 2012
8:33am, 4 Feb 2012
2,141 posts
  •  
jiminy cricket
Don't think so, there's still spaces on the schedule. Initial requirement (still there) says

"We’re looking for distance runners from all across the country to take part. Runners should be fit enough to complete 3-5k – with some hill work – by summer 2012 and able to stay active for up to two and a half hours at night."
Feb 2012
8:35am, 4 Feb 2012
66,638 posts
  •  
santababy
hmm, i noticed theyre charging now too. aah well
Feb 2012
9:16am, 4 Feb 2012
17,200 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
There was some logic to the charging sants - they need people to commit to coming to it. If you have paid up front, you're less likely to sign up on a whim, and not turn up, was the theory. I suggested that they should then refund the money to those who did turn up and do it. Anyway, it was great fun.

I would say they need lots of people of similar ability. If they have some/any slow person in a team of eg 50 people, then that person cannot keep up going up a hill, it would spoil the whole thing. That said, all slow people would be fine too. Again, a suggestion last time was to strictly group people by ability, as it is important that people move in quite tight formation.

It's great fun, so sign up if you can. Whatever your ability, that's up to them to work out how to use you best. :-)G

About This Thread

Maintained by Gobi