•  
Bob!
Yes, I eXIted last week
13 Aug
11:20am, 13 Aug 2024
32,916 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I can't access it these days. I feel blessed. Sounds like Trump's "interview" with Musk didn't go well.

He sounds old and knackered and deranged these days (Trump I mean). Not convinced he will turn up at the debate after the last few days of delusional nonsense.

In fact... *prediction alert* ... I'm thinking he may not make it to election day. There's a chance anyway, because he seems to be going to ground like Biden did, campaign-wise - might be a sign he is just not up to it, because he sounds certifiable at the moment.

Any sensible 78 year old wouldn't even embark on it because of the physical demands of an extensive campaigning period.

Perhaps he thinks he can let the chips fall and then overturn the result? He may have a shock coming...
13 Aug
11:22am, 13 Aug 2024
6,187 posts
  •  
paulcook
"interview" spot on.

Musk apparently told the listeners, viewers, whatever, to "vote Trump". Not quite Andrew Neil grilling is it?
SPR
13 Aug
11:36am, 13 Aug 2024
45,682 posts
  •  
SPR
I'm not seeing anything that says Trump doesn't have the energy for the campaign TBF.

As for the Twitter thing, it's not meant to be objective, it's a Musk co-sign and supposed to influence those that are his fans. I imagine those people wouldn't be democrats anyway but they want to make sure they vote. It's why the MAGA crowd turned on Joe Rogan for not endorsing Trump.
13 Aug
11:56am, 13 Aug 2024
22,020 posts
  •  
Chrisull
I dunno, doing one rally a week compared to one rally a day. Both Biden and Trump were campaigning less than 2020 this time around, and Harris/Walz coming out with a pretty full on schedule for most days highlights that he definitely doesn't have as much energy as your average presidential campaigner.

Also I'm now in the quandary of not worrying about his re-election (he's cooked) but that the Republicans might well win both the house and senate and leave Harris as a lame duck president from day one, and they would almost certainly find a non-existent item to impeach her on.
SPR
13 Aug
12:00pm, 13 Aug 2024
45,683 posts
  •  
SPR
All depends on the why, age just seems to be an assumption. If he has less money, he can't do as much. Also aren't rally crowds down anyway? More rallies would just exacerbate that issue.
SPR
13 Aug
12:04pm, 13 Aug 2024
45,684 posts
  •  
SPR
Independent article on the rally number being down.

independent.co.uk
13 Aug
12:05pm, 13 Aug 2024
22,021 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Yeah money is a good point too, definitely also in the pot.

But on the evidence of the interview last night where he seems to be lisping his way through it and sounding as generally decrepid as ever, and his performances even by his poor standards, in recent intereviews/rallies are worse than ever, age would seem to be a factor at the very least (or maybe just health in general).
13 Aug
12:07pm, 13 Aug 2024
22,022 posts
  •  
Chrisull
@larkim - how you getting on with the Searchers - coincidentally I got that for my bday too, and have got through the first 120 pages already. It's really interesting, and it's not total hagiography either, Beckett quite happy to point out when Benn or Livingstone haven't been sensible. The ideas behind their development are really interesting, especially Diane Abbott.
13 Aug
12:32pm, 13 Aug 2024
32,917 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
One rally a week is not a lot given that the competition are barnstorming the country with energy, optimism and hope.

Shady Vance seems to be campaigning "in loco Trumpensis" and making a really crap job of it.

People who say "age is just a number" clearly haven't tried to jump off a flatbed truck when they are 65.

He sounds goosed and I am getting more and more convinced that this particular goose will be well and truly cooked on November 5th.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** Last poll winner

121 - Congrats to kstuart who predicted 121

*** Next poll will be along soon....

HappyG 270
Fenners Reborn 266
Jda 250
GeneHunt 205
Larkim 191
Mushroom 185
Bazoaxe 180
JamieKai 177
Cheg 171
Yakima Canutt 165
Chrisull 155
NDWDave 147
Macca53 138
JB 135
Derby Tup 133
Little Nemo 130
Big G 128
Kstuart 121
LindsD 120
Diogenes 117
Fields 111
B Rubble 110
Mrs Shanksi 103
J2r 101
Richmac 101
rf_fuzzy 100 (+15/-15)
simbil 99
DaveW 95
Paulcook 88
Fetch 85
Bob 72
Weean 69 and 2/3
Pothunter 50

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.