Politics

9 lurkers | 212 watchers
jda
9 Jul
10:08am, 9 Jul 2024
17,447 posts
  •  
jda
According to the man himself he persuaded others to change their names. Regardless, it was rapidly brought to light and investigated, if there's a bunch of duplicate refuk candidates then why has no-one so far managed to say who they are?

Honestly, "I heard a rumour" is pretty ridiculous when the info is in the public domain. There are either duplicate names or there aren't. If there are, where and who are they?

I heard a rumour that JFK stood in the election too. Scandalous!
9 Jul
10:11am, 9 Jul 2024
5,782 posts
  •  
paulcook
Don't know. Well, correct it's not permitted, I don't know the second answer.

I see his name was still on the first two results I tried.

And he definitely turned up to the Richmond count to stand behind Rishi Sunak with his big L. He's a YouTube star apparently. Someone suggested the one in Richmond was real, the rest could be either his followers or just imitating him.
9 Jul
10:14am, 9 Jul 2024
30,772 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
The others were persuaded to change their names I think. Me and my boy watch a bit of him on YouTube. He’s done a few videos trolling the KKK etc.
9 Jul
10:21am, 9 Jul 2024
50,430 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
So multiple different people with the same legal name? What possible purpose does thar serve? Isn't that just messing with the vital and serious business of voting for our government?
9 Jul
10:44am, 9 Jul 2024
20,456 posts
  •  
Dave W
Tories already fighting like rats in a sack over the “future” of the party.

Cruella Braverman drifting ever rightward if such a thing was actually possible. And has beens like JRM and David Frost chucking their worthless opinions in.

At this rate they are going to destroy themselves from the inside. Long may it continue. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch.
9 Jul
10:48am, 9 Jul 2024
20,457 posts
  •  
Dave W
Some interesting points about the paper candidates. Still think it’s duplicitous. If a party decides to not campaign in a particular place then they should say why. This wouldn’t be an issue if PR were brought in because every vote would count.

And I’m not swayed at all by the “FPTP makes for strong government” argument. We had a “strong” government for the last decade and they were absolutely shite.
9 Jul
10:49am, 9 Jul 2024
5,783 posts
  •  
paulcook
Braverman seemed sombre in her speech last week. Almost like she was responding particularly to Robert Buckland who was either the 2nd or 3rd result but first to lose his seat and absolutely scathing about unnamed people, Braverman being the first name that jumped out at me.

I've seen a short section of her speech yesterday. She's quickly back to the Cruella nickname again.

But she's nowhere near the favourites to take over the leadership. At the moment.
9 Jul
10:55am, 9 Jul 2024
25,046 posts
  •  
larkim
en.wikipedia.org

Serial prankster at elections.
9 Jul
10:55am, 9 Jul 2024
18,927 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
HappyG(rrr) wrote:So multiple different people with the same legal name? What possible purpose does thar serve? Isn't that just messing with the vital and serious business of voting for our government?

Niko Omilana is a YouTuber and nothing to do with Reform. He's stood in a few elections. Just another attention seeker, the purpose is to drive engagement with his channel.
9 Jul
11:10am, 9 Jul 2024
5,784 posts
  •  
paulcook
One of the 5 elected Reform MPs was a paper candidate. He's in parliament today with the rest of the rowdy bunch.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** Last poll winner

121 - Congrats to kstuart who predicted 121

*** Next poll will be along soon....

HappyG 270
Fenners Reborn 266
Jda 250
GeneHunt 205
Larkim 191
Mushroom 185
Bazoaxe 180
JamieKai 177
Cheg 171
Yakima Canutt 165
Chrisull 155
NDWDave 147
Macca53 138
JB 135
Derby Tup 133
Little Nemo 130
Big G 128
Kstuart 121
LindsD 120
Diogenes 117
Fields 111
B Rubble 110
Mrs Shanksi 103
J2r 101
Richmac 101
rf_fuzzy 100 (+15/-15)
simbil 99
DaveW 95
Paulcook 88
Fetch 85
Bob 72
Weean 69 and 2/3
Pothunter 50

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.