Politics

214 watchers
Aug 2023
6:47pm, 15 Aug 2023
7,441 posts
  •  
1step2far
NHS/ private thing varies, some hospitals rent space to get through wait lists faster. Some hospitals have a private wing that is used to subsidise the rest of the hospital (Great Ormand Street have a big private section). Many NHS patients want treatment in their own room and are happy to pay a nightly charge for it. The hospitals are capped at how much they can earn from it and it can't be at the detriment of their NHS work.
J2R
Aug 2023
10:16am, 16 Aug 2023
4,705 posts
  •  
J2R
My suggestion for next election date: Jan 24, 2025
Aug 2023
11:03am, 16 Aug 2023
37,817 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
All my mri and CT scans, plus X-Rays were done by a private company, contracted in by the greater manchester hospitals. They worked 7 until 8 each weekday and slightly shorter day Saturday and Sunday. As far as I could see. Fine. Everything was done within the 2 weeks of my initial placement on the queue for examination and tests for cancer.

I see NHS England are removing that 2 week timing for cancer diagnosis, it worked for me, so very suspicious of it.
Aug 2023
9:26am, 17 Aug 2023
30,776 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Texas woman arrested after threats to Trump judge Tanya Chutkan bbc.co.uk

Violence getting ever closer now. Trump is so entitled and uncontrollable he could easily end up in jail for contempt at some stage. And then we will see what happens. It’s not going to be pretty.
Aug 2023
9:45am, 17 Aug 2023
20,630 posts
  •  
Chrisull
They will have to jail him for this nightmare to start ending. I used to think defeat him at the ballot box was the best way, but that's proved a forlorn hope.
Aug 2023
10:50am, 17 Aug 2023
22,896 posts
  •  
richmac
Trump just does not know when to F off does he.
Aug 2023
10:58am, 17 Aug 2023
3,961 posts
  •  
Ally-C
The sooner the fat bastard is in a casket the better.
Aug 2023
2:18pm, 17 Aug 2023
30,777 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Names, photographs, social media profiles and even the home addresses purportedly belonging to members of the Fulton County grand jury that this week voted to indict former President Donald Trump and 18 co-defendants are circulating on social media – with experts saying that some anonymous users are calling for violence against them.

CNN cannot independently verify if the photographs, social media accounts and the homes addresses being posted actually belong to the grand jurors.

Trump isn't a politician. He's a gangster. This shit needs to stop.
Aug 2023
2:27pm, 17 Aug 2023
4,820 posts
  •  
Bez-head
Delay tactics for a mis trial

Like you say ..
Aug 2023
4:20pm, 17 Aug 2023
8,122 posts
  •  
Pothunter
Apparently the president can only pardon federal crimes and not state crimes which is why the Georgia charges are so important. Being jailed still wouldn’t prevent him standing or being elected (in and of themselves) but he wouldn’t be able to pardon himself and walk out. Bizarre that the conversation is even happening!

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
J2R 296 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
JamieKai 270 D R
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 G G

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.