Politics

214 watchers
Aug 2023
8:33pm, 7 Aug 2023
4,111 posts
  •  
Pou Pou LePhoõk
Plenty of evidence to suggest women are more empathic than men. But I suspect the institution of parliament (as well as other institutions) doesn't support the idea of empathy. I would still hope though, that by its nature, the social 'left' is more empathic than the 'individual' right.
Aug 2023
8:34pm, 7 Aug 2023
4,112 posts
  •  
Pou Pou LePhoõk
Ignore all the errant apostrophes.
Aug 2023
8:42pm, 7 Aug 2023
9,781 posts
  •  
Fields
Struck me as enforcing gender stereotypes given women do so much of (usually unpaid) caring roles.
Aug 2023
8:54pm, 7 Aug 2023
3,121 posts
  •  
paulcook
Empathy like “if immigrants don’t like barges they should f### off back to France.”
Aug 2023
10:22pm, 7 Aug 2023
30,741 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Just my personal opinion but I think, inter alia, that female MPs are more likely to be attuned to:
Women's issues
Family issues
Children's issues
Issues relating to human rights, working protections and immigration issues

Plus, generally less likely to be entitled, emotionally retarded schoolboy shitbags like Johnson, Mogg etc.
jda
Aug 2023
10:50pm, 7 Aug 2023
15,271 posts
  •  
jda
I don’t think there is any evidence that La Dorries is working from home, or indeed any other location.
Aug 2023
10:54pm, 7 Aug 2023
9,782 posts
  •  
Fields
Quoting Latin like Johnson I see JB - wish I had your education I’d know what you mean!
Aug 2023
11:01pm, 7 Aug 2023
2,826 posts
  •  
Surelynot
So do we Fields :)
Aug 2023
11:58am, 8 Aug 2023
30,742 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Sydney
CNN

Hours after the US women’s national team crashed out of the World Cup, former US President Donald Trump seized the opportunity to blame the loss on star player Megan Rapinoe and the country’s “woke” path under President Joe Biden.

On his social media platform, “Truth Social,” Trump wrote: “The ‘shocking and totally unexpected’ loss by the U.S. Women’s Soccer Team to Sweden is fully emblematic of what is happening to the our once great Nation under Crooked Joe Biden. Many of our players were openly hostile to America - No other country behaved in such a manner, or even close. WOKE EQUALS FAILURE. Nice shot Megan, the USA is going to Hell!!! MAGA.”

How can people be taken in by this ridiculous old turd?
Aug 2023
12:02pm, 8 Aug 2023
13,912 posts
  •  
Dave W
You're being a bit unfair to turds, JB. What have turds ever done to be likened to Trump?

In fact, if Trump just sat there being shit, it would be a massive improvement on what he is currently.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
J2R 296 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
JamieKai 270 D R
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 G G

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.