Olympics Paris 2024

1 lurker | 46 watchers
4 Aug
3:38pm, 4 Aug 2024
4,757 posts
  •  
Curly45
Same issue in France which has three ply channels and didn't show the 4 x 400m at all but showed France in the water polo 😂

We have no TV at all from tonight so we'll be seeing both more and less of the games than usual. More other sports, less athletics.
4 Aug
4:16pm, 4 Aug 2024
22,834 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
I just popped back inside to watch the end of the women's road race - only to find it's not currently on either BBC channel or on the discovery+ feeds.

Bizarre.

Edit: it's just reappeared on BBC extra.

V odd that no discovery+ feed of it though
4 Aug
4:18pm, 4 Aug 2024
10,553 posts
  •  
GordonG
cycling back on Eurosport 2 now.
4 Aug
4:21pm, 4 Aug 2024
43,500 posts
  •  
Nellers
I've got it live on Disco+, Fozzy.
4 Aug
4:22pm, 4 Aug 2024
484 posts
  •  
Velo_Dirtbag
rf_fozzy wrote:I just popped back inside to watch the end of the women's road race - only to find it's not currently on either BBC channel or on the discovery+ feeds. Bizarre. Edit: it's just reappeared on BBC extra. V odd that no discovery+ feed of it though

Yes it is on Discovery+, I've been watching it since the start?
4 Aug
4:23pm, 4 Aug 2024
22,835 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
I couldn't see the feed when I searched for it

It's ok as BBC are covering it with the better commentators now, so all good
4 Aug
4:37pm, 4 Aug 2024
10,554 posts
  •  
GordonG
re golf: i'm assuming the winner doesn't get paid but at least they get a medal. Also assuming that the caddies don't get a medal. do they get anything for their efforts? Suppose it's not much different from a coach not getting a medal either.
4 Aug
4:40pm, 4 Aug 2024
15,735 posts
  •  
Ultracat
I think some countries give a bonus to any athlete winning a medal.
Jef
4 Aug
4:47pm, 4 Aug 2024
14,226 posts
  •  
Jef
GordonG wrote:re golf: i'm assuming the winner doesn't get paid but at least they get a medal. Also assuming that the caddies don't get a medal. do they get anything for their efforts? Suppose it's not much different from a coach not getting a medal either.

Caddies don’t get medals. .. which is a bit of a shames. They’re a bit like the cox in rowing
4 Aug
4:53pm, 4 Aug 2024
10,555 posts
  •  
GordonG
oh, i assumed the cox in rowing got a medal too!

About This Thread

Maintained by Curly45
Couldn't find a thread so thought I would start one.

Who else is off to watch or who is watching at home?

We're doing Lille and Paris and a mix of sports. Currently trying to find travel insurance that includes ticket cancellation as some of the trains in the UK might be difficult and we have some internal French trains to do as well.

Also need to work out the new Paris metro ticket/app combo (Navigo I think).