Olympics Paris 2024

5 lurkers | 46 watchers
30 Jul
2:13pm, 30 Jul 2024
19,821 posts
  •  
NDWDave
Having the surfing in Marseille would be like having alpine skiing in Cambridgeshire

The waves in Tahiti have been amazing
30 Jul
2:14pm, 30 Jul 2024
57 posts
  •  
johnsy
Got an email last week to say I've won a competition to go watch this Sunday (4th August). It's not a con/scam/spam email, I've got the flights confirmed, 2 nights 4* accommodation including breakfast, and, just confirmed last night, 2 tickets to the athletics on Sunday evening. The schedule looks amazing, finishing with the men's 100 meters final.
30 Jul
2:16pm, 30 Jul 2024
56,379 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
"it's been revealed that on the day city mayor Anne Hidalgo took her famous dip (17 July) pollution levels were too high for bathing. Her explanation for the swim is that authorisation decisions are based on previous days' results, which were positive"
30 Jul
2:16pm, 30 Jul 2024
56,380 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
"it's been revealed that on the day city mayor Anne Hidalgo took her famous dip (17 July) pollution levels were too high for bathing. Her explanation for the swim is that authorisation decisions are based on previous days' results, which were positive"
30 Jul
2:25pm, 30 Jul 2024
70,184 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
johnsy wrote:Got an email last week to say I've won a competition to go watch this Sunday (4th August). It's not a con/scam/spam email, I've got the flights confirmed, 2 nights 4* accommodation including breakfast, and, just confirmed last night, 2 tickets to the athletics on Sunday evening. The schedule looks amazing, finishing with the men's 100 meters final.

Congratulations! That's a really special prize :) I hope you have a fantastic time.
30 Jul
2:29pm, 30 Jul 2024
39,371 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
They could have had the surfing in Cornwall, it's close.
30 Jul
2:31pm, 30 Jul 2024
43,440 posts
  •  
Nellers
Surely there are surfing beaches on the French Atlantic coast?
30 Jul
2:34pm, 30 Jul 2024
30,881 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Maybe someone suggested Tahiti, and no-one complained. I wouldn't :-)
30 Jul
2:44pm, 30 Jul 2024
39,373 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
...or had it early on the Severn Bore.
30 Jul
2:45pm, 30 Jul 2024
56,382 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
With comments now of sailors wearing ice vests and matches being played in quarters to allow breaks due to heat …. Will summer Olympic Games have to be in typically cooler months going forward?
It’s not the first games where the heat has been an issue

About This Thread

Maintained by Curly45
Couldn't find a thread so thought I would start one.

Who else is off to watch or who is watching at home?

We're doing Lille and Paris and a mix of sports. Currently trying to find travel insurance that includes ticket cancellation as some of the trains in the UK might be difficult and we have some internal French trains to do as well.

Also need to work out the new Paris metro ticket/app combo (Navigo I think).