•  
rf_fozzy
Skateboarding - sorry don't get it.
29 Jul
6:51pm, 29 Jul 2024
10,563 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Sad to hear that Adam Peaty felt unwell prior to last night's final and has now tested positive for Covid. It's a far cry from Tokyo three years ago when a positive test ruled you out of the Games entirely.

On the assumption that everyone has been fully vaccinated, you start thinking of Team GB as a whole, other participants and also Princess Anne who was handing out the medals to the three-day eventers this afternoon.
29 Jul
6:54pm, 29 Jul 2024
15,090 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Is he really considering the relays? I'd have thought he should be isolating or at least thinking of his long-term health and not putting himself under the stress of competing.
29 Jul
6:59pm, 29 Jul 2024
2,759 posts
  •  
Jen HB
LN - was thinking the same (having had covid myself last week and it really wiped me out so basically spent 4 days in bed)
29 Jul
7:00pm, 29 Jul 2024
5,934 posts
  •  
FreshStart
The gymnastics is :-O
um
29 Jul
8:17pm, 29 Jul 2024
8,721 posts
  •  
um
Phil - what do you mean 'fully vaccinated' ?
I don't think there's been any vaccination programs or controls for some years. And no special 'Olympic vaccination' that I've heard of for GB, or any other participants.
29 Jul
8:46pm, 29 Jul 2024
14,277 posts
  •  
Sombrero
Rebecca Adlington really does like a cry.
29 Jul
8:46pm, 29 Jul 2024
15,092 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
GB women struggling against US in the Rugby 7s
29 Jul
8:56pm, 29 Jul 2024
10,564 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Let's read that as 'presumed vaccinated.' I last got Covid at Christmas and can pinpoint it to one of two people - and I am fully jabbed. One of whom was arrogant enough to say that he didn't need it.

I would like to think that Adam would isolate himself to protect the health of those around him. The medley relays should come second and he may not be doing his own health any favours by jumping into a pool so soon after testing positive.
29 Jul
9:15pm, 29 Jul 2024
15,093 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
All square between France and Canada at half-time - nail-biting!

About This Thread

Maintained by Curly45
Couldn't find a thread so thought I would start one.

Who else is off to watch or who is watching at home?

We're doing Lille and Paris and a mix of sports. Currently trying to find travel insurance that includes ticket cancellation as some of the trains in the UK might be difficult and we have some internal French trains to do as well.

Also need to work out the new Paris metro ticket/app combo (Navigo I think).