Olympics Paris 2024

1 lurker | 46 watchers
10 Aug
7:42pm, 10 Aug 2024
4,294 posts
  •  
Oranj
@IdristheDragon There was also a suspected concussion for the Spanish riders in the men's madison earlier. Cycling is crazy for unexpected crashes. When I was younger used to race on the road and track, if you're good: I'll show you my scars ;-)
10 Aug
7:44pm, 10 Aug 2024
56,780 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Yes I saw they stopped 1 rider carrying on but not our guy and I got hit on the head

PB but muir and bell top work girls
10 Aug
7:48pm, 10 Aug 2024
56,781 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Gabby โ€ฆ. You could be sat there saying โ€œmy parkrun time was pretty good today I wonder what I can do?โ€

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
10 Aug
7:59pm, 10 Aug 2024
4,295 posts
  •  
Oranj
Super happy for Kitaguchi winning the W javelin, she's super! But a bit disappointed the coolest glasses in athletics (those of the man-mountain Kristjan ฤŒeh) didn't get a medal in the M discus, only 4th.

[OK I admit: this is old news, I only just caught up with that result.]
10 Aug
8:03pm, 10 Aug 2024
24,606 posts
  •  
Chrisity
Going back to the coach-to olympics phantasists

um wrote:There must be some seriously deluded people out there! (or a very dodgy and not very valid pool) I want to meet the over 65s who think they'd make some of those very energetic sports.

World men's V65
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsF88uasL-o
10 Aug
8:09pm, 10 Aug 2024
56,783 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Given they had to drop the bar to get a winner in the high jump I bet the American is regretting nit sharing the gold when offered
10 Aug
8:11pm, 10 Aug 2024
15,230 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Nice for NZ to get the gold, US have so many they won't miss this one ;-)
10 Aug
8:12pm, 10 Aug 2024
56,784 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Did anyone else spot the Old Spice shower gel at the diving and the headโ€™nโ€™shoulders?
10 Aug
8:14pm, 10 Aug 2024
43 posts
  •  
Cal Jones
I was thinking that exact thing, Pixie. He'll be kicking himself.

Good relay - was rooting for Botswana to win it though. Bit board with Americans winning everything. ๐Ÿ˜†
10 Aug
8:14pm, 10 Aug 2024
24,607 posts
  •  
Chrisity
Interesting to see the Men's 4x400 relay team celebrate their bronze by wearing red berets. Can they get disqualified for cultural appropriation?

About This Thread

Maintained by Curly45
Couldn't find a thread so thought I would start one.

Who else is off to watch or who is watching at home?

We're doing Lille and Paris and a mix of sports. Currently trying to find travel insurance that includes ticket cancellation as some of the trains in the UK might be difficult and we have some internal French trains to do as well.

Also need to work out the new Paris metro ticket/app combo (Navigo I think).