•  
EvilPixie
fab!
May 2020
4:26pm, 11 May 2020
20,993 posts
  •  
Meglet
They're lovely! And just in time for Wednesday.

I've finished one but keep forgetting to take it to the supermarket! I nearly finished another but I'd sewn the outer layer inside out, annoyingly, so I need to unpick and start again. I've got enough fabric cut out for several now.
May 2020
4:28pm, 11 May 2020
16,595 posts
  •  
northernslowcoach
I'm actually off work this week (should have been on my way to Paris :( )
But yes, HellsBells has perfect timing :)
And perfect needlework :)
May 2020
6:03pm, 11 May 2020
12,683 posts
  •  
Garfield
Enjoy your time off NSC! I need to make some masks for hubby and me for when they are required. I have everything I need, just need to get around to doing it.
May 2020
6:23pm, 11 May 2020
20,994 posts
  •  
Meglet
I wore mine out for the first time just now. I felt a bit daft and wasn’t sure if people could hear me speak. And it needs a wire across the nose. Need to finish some more.
May 2020
6:24pm, 11 May 2020
6,372 posts
  •  
sallykate
I'm really ambivalent on the mask thing: I don't feel I go anywhere at the moment which counts as crowded. That said, with the latest advice I will wear one in a supermarket (but not on the way there) and on public transport (which I rarely take but sometimes I need to take a bus to the allotment if I have too much to carry).
May 2020
6:25pm, 11 May 2020
6,373 posts
  •  
sallykate
HB what did you use for the wire in the mask?
May 2020
6:28pm, 11 May 2020
16,596 posts
  •  
northernslowcoach
Pipe cleaners :)

I'm ambivalent too
Currently on public transport its quiet enough to distance yourself and everyone is very well behaved but as more people go back to work it will become more crowded :(
May 2020
6:46pm, 11 May 2020
6,375 posts
  •  
sallykate
I was the only person on the bus a couple of weeks ago - a double decker - it kept stopping for a minute or two at each stop as there was so little traffic on the roads that it was getting ahead of itself (on the south circular in zone 3 London, usually rammed).

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557