•  
icemaiden
the-wool-shop.com
Jan 2020
7:37pm, 4 Jan 2020
6,713 posts
  •  
Hark the Heleg-Advent Angels Sing
Oh dear, I was afraid it might be that one. I bought kit from them for my grand-daughter, but although they were well laid out and nice to look at, I haven't been back. Shame they can't make it work.
Jan 2020
8:36pm, 4 Jan 2020
1,401 posts
  •  
Silvershadow
That’s a shame IM
Jan 2020
8:34am, 5 Jan 2020
4,941 posts
  •  
icemaiden
What are the ones that do work doing? Courses? Knit n chat? Other income streams? Marketing?
Jan 2020
8:40am, 5 Jan 2020
20,698 posts
  •  
Meglet
My local shop has various courses and classes and knit/natter evenings. She’s active on social media and has lovely windows. And turned an old fashioned wool shop selling lots of acrylic into something with more variety including sock yarn, colour whirls and local handmade skeins. But she also sells the whole range of Stylecraft acrylic. She also makes her own kits with a pattern and skein as well as commercial kits and patterns.

(Yarn etc in Harrogate)
There’s also Knitting Pretty in Knaresborough which seems to do similar.
Jan 2020
9:07am, 5 Jan 2020
37,646 posts
  •  
Purps
m.facebook.com a friend linked to this, I just got the shark family.
Jan 2020
11:03am, 7 Jan 2020
2,092 posts
  •  
fraggle
m.facebook.com

Here’s a link to a FB group desperately needing things for wildlife injured and orphaned by the bushfires in Australia. Anyone interested ?
Jan 2020
4:24pm, 8 Jan 2020
37,678 posts
  •  
Purps
The great pottery thrown down restarts tonight, although it's on more 4 rather than BBC. 9pm.
Jan 2020
4:53pm, 8 Jan 2020
5,155 posts
  •  
Wine Legs
Oooh! Must record. TV has gone a bit bonkers with the good stuff this month (mostly crime).
Jan 2020
4:57pm, 8 Jan 2020
6,311 posts
  •  
sallykate
On "boy blankets" (which I'm interpreting to mean anything not overly floral, though husband loves his sunflower blanket), I made this for my daughter ravelry.com and she also liked a few others which are quite graphical including a check one ravelry.com and one which is a bit of a 3D optical illusion ravelry.com .

Good crime WL? Which programmes?

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557