Hedgehog watch and other nocturnal garden visitors

18 watchers
May 2023
1:06pm, 14 May 2023
24,849 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Yesterday I observed a small bird at our bird house. My wife had not long put new seeds out and this bird appeared to be collecting seeds and then burying them around the garden. Presumably had eaten enough but wanted to have more food for the future. Pretty clever but I also wondered how on earth it will find those seeds hidden in the soil
Nov 2023
8:52pm, 6 Nov 2023
17,651 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
We have a hog in the garden that isn't moving. Been still for about 45 mins that we know now. Its a good size but am a tad concerned for it and not sure what to do. Didn't even flinch when I was close to it and touched it
Nov 2023
9:01pm, 6 Nov 2023
2,480 posts
  •  
MudMeanderer
Do you have any hedgehog hospitals near you? They may be worth contacting. Our local one has loads of stories of them being rescued from similar situations and they often turn out positive.
Nov 2023
9:09pm, 6 Nov 2023
17,652 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Have spoken to them and they think he may have been spooked by fireworks. Thankfully he has finally moved on
Nov 2023
10:40am, 12 Nov 2023
13,806 posts
  •  
Meeps
We lost a hog this weekend, was attacked by a fox šŸ˜ž
18 Feb
11:26am, 18 Feb 2024
10,692 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Lots of ā€œFrogtivityā€ going on in the pond. I expect that Iā€™ll have to put some mesh to cover the frogspawn soon to stop the blackbirds having a feast!
4 Mar
4:00pm, 4 Mar 2024
3,692 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Something (big) has been under our decking and has been digging big holes. There is poo so it's possibly a badger. It's been digging in the neighbours garden too, just need to see what it is. If it is a badger then I will be very surprised as we live in the middle of a town. We only know because my OH was helping my neighbours looking for their missing cat.
4 Mar
6:58pm, 4 Mar 2024
3,693 posts
  •  
Lesley C
There is indeed a badger going round the gardens on my street. Some chickens from one have disappeared and someone got a video of it in their garden.
25 Mar
1:47pm, 25 Mar 2024
15,627 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
Our hedgehog is very hungry at the moment :) It was spotted on the drive last week, and the food in the feeding station is disappearing every night.
14 Apr
7:37pm, 14 Apr 2024
26,582 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Not nocturnal, but when I was WFH on Friday I spotted a rabbit in our garden. Not something we have see in almost 26 years.

I was looking for it all day Saturday. No sign. Today though it made an appearance and hung about for a while. It was then spotted again later on in the day.

It is quite a young rabbit and we are not quite sure how it comes to be here.

About This Thread

Register sightings and learn more here hedgehogstreet.org