•  
MudMeanderer
Maybe it's thinking the same! 😁
19 Sep
4:29pm, 19 Sep 2024
6,381 posts
  •  
Ally-C
If just stuck a wildlife camera in the garden to monitor our hedgehogs. Works on motion.
24 Oct
6:58pm, 24 Oct 2024
10,687 posts
  •  
GordonG
Hi ya

apologies if this has been asked before but can anyone recommend a wildlife camera for taking pics and videos of garden visitors? Obvs I'd like to have viewable pics and video but it doesn't need to be too fancy, I'm not making a wildlife documentary!

On a separate note, those who do use wildlife cameras: how long do batteries last? And can you use rechargeable batteries or does it have to be traditional ones?

thanks in advance.
24 Oct
7:03pm, 24 Oct 2024
43,863 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
I have this one, purchased from Amazon, I use rechargeable batteries which last a week or so depending how long it's on for.

24 Oct
7:04pm, 24 Oct 2024
43,864 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
24 Oct
7:31pm, 24 Oct 2024
15,726 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie

This is what we have at the moment (it's the box, the camera itself is outside with the hedgehogs ;) ) you can connect to it via WiFi for live view to see what's going on out there. Current view...
24 Oct
7:53pm, 24 Oct 2024
27,595 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I gave my grass a cut today and had let it get a bit long. There was evidence of lots of animal droppings, probably rabbit I guess. We did see a rabbit around our garden many months ago, but not recently. There are lots of squirrels but I doubt it’s them. There have also been two deer sightings in our street but not garden.
24 Oct
8:07pm, 24 Oct 2024
10,688 posts
  •  
GordonG
Thanks @Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs) and @Yorkshire Pie for your camera input. I notice the camera YP uses is half price - that's the xmas present for No 2 child sorted :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Register sightings and learn more here hedgehogstreet.org