Garmin

214 watchers
Feb 2023
4:41pm, 21 Feb 2023
20,288 posts
  •  
larkim
Garmin does lowest average 30 minute session in a 24 hour period as it's "RHR" metric.

support.garmin.com

You can download your HR trace as a .fit file from Garmin Connect website, but I don't think the absolute lowest value is shown anywhere obvious on their website or on some watches.
SPR
Feb 2023
5:45pm, 21 Feb 2023
39,615 posts
  •  
SPR
A 30 min average seems a very high threshold.
Feb 2023
5:48pm, 21 Feb 2023
7,017 posts
  •  
The_Saint
Catching up as I haven't been here much due to injury - many pages back was a discussion about the 2 minute heart rate recovery and the possibility of this site being able to capture it. I would find that very useful as I always wait for it and take note. I can say that due to having a year not being able to train properly has definitely lowered my HRR from 70ish to 50ish. However I thought that its main use is being a very good predictor of cardiac health ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Feb 2023
9:28pm, 21 Feb 2023
2,489 posts
  •  
tipsku
I think my watch does that but I have to ask for it; it doesn't automatically show me the recovery time. It's an option at the end of an exercise to look up the HR recovery. I don't know where that would be stored in the fit file and if that could be captured by this website. My old Polar used to beep 2 minutes after ending an exercise and tell me how much HR dropped in that time.
Feb 2023
9:38pm, 21 Feb 2023
20,294 posts
  •  
larkim
It's captured fine in the .fit files; see my runalyse public page for example where it displays both the VO2Max for each run (to 2 decimal places) and the recovery HR for those runs where I leave it the required 2 minutes before saving the activity.

runalyze.com
Feb 2023
10:37pm, 21 Feb 2023
16,053 posts
  •  
Badger
Yup, and it's captured whether you view it or not.
Feb 2023
10:58pm, 21 Feb 2023
20,295 posts
  •  
larkim
It's not captured if you save your run within those two minutes though; or at least, it's not captured on my 645 nor my old viviactive.
Feb 2023
10:59pm, 21 Feb 2023
7,018 posts
  •  
The_Saint
It's captured fine in the .fit files; see my runalyse public page for example where it displays both the VO2Max for each run (to 2 decimal places) and the recovery HR for those runs where I leave it the required 2 minutes before saving the activity. runalyze.com

Am I right in thinking that it shows the rate after 2 minutes here rather than the drop ?
Feb 2023
11:02pm, 21 Feb 2023
16,054 posts
  •  
Badger
I no more implied that it was than you did in your previous post...
Feb 2023
11:06pm, 21 Feb 2023
16,055 posts
  •  
Badger
Am I right in thinking that it shows the rate after 2 minutes here rather than the drop ?

Yes, because the rate after two minutes is what's stored in the fit file, and the runalyze dashboard grabs a set of values out of the fit file and does minimal processing on them. I did ask if they could calculate the drop instead, and they said "...it's technically not possible to show these e.g. in the databrowser, because we would need to load for all activities the raw data for the activity" to extract the last value in the activity, and they'd open a ticket for it. That was a couple of years back, though, so I'm not holding my breath.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
For all questions and comments about Garmin devices, including importing to Fetch.