•  
cathrobinson
heart
24 Sep
7:53pm, 24 Sep 2024
6,317 posts
  •  
Dillthedog
We are off to Newport this weekend, lucky coincidence that there is a parkrun right by the site, and I need an N for my alphabet
9:15am
9:15am, 30 Sep 2024
2,932 posts
  •  
forest plodder
We're home after 3 lovely weeks in France. Didn't go where we originally planned, as we were craving some sunshine.

We met up with friends in Saumur, then headed to the area west of Montpellier. There are some great cycle paths, so we got out and about exploring on the tandem.

A highlight was the "lance Sportive" which is basically jousting from boats

We stayed in a nice Municipal campsite, under £16 including electric. No pool or anything, but good clean facilities.

XB
11:29am
11:29am, 30 Sep 2024
18,435 posts
  •  
XB
Fabulous. That looks excellent.
12:56pm
12:56pm, 30 Sep 2024
19,892 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Looks fabulous.

We are just under 2 hours away from Calais Eurotunnel terminal after a lovely 4 weeks away
1:51pm
1:51pm, 30 Sep 2024
3,383 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Made some booking for October.
2 nights in Milarrochy site on Loch Lomond
3 nights in Invercoe at Glencoe
2 nights in Loch Ness shores.

Planning a night either side of those somewhere off of a campsite too.
1:53pm
1:53pm, 30 Sep 2024
19,893 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Am very jealous of Invercoe, we loved it there. Not been to the others.
2:00pm
2:00pm, 30 Sep 2024
4,066 posts
  •  
Big_G
I’ve enjoyed your pics Mandymoo. Sounds like you’ve had a good break. Best start planning the next one!

We went back to Ross on Wye over the weekend, staying Thursday-Sunday. We went a few weeks ago when Dad wasn’t very well and had to cut it short to travel home as he declined, so were keen to go back to do some more exploring of the area.

Thursday we went around Symonds Yat, which is very nice, and then checked into the site and got fish and chips. It rained heavily overnight on Thursday, but Friday and Saturday were really nice so we were lucky. Friday we explored Ross on Wye some more, had coffees, cakes and took some pastries, and cooked some pasta in the van that evening. Saturday AM we were up to drive the 30mins to do Mallards Pike parkrun, which was a very nice, single loop event in Forest of Dean. Some of it seemed vaguely familiar, and then I realised a part of it was on the Forest of Dean trail marathon course I did one year. After the event and breakfast etc, we went for a different walk around, and then explored elsewhere including taking in a steam train ride, went back and had food that evening in the van.

Sunday we had a leisurely start, and made our 3hr journey back to Devon, but stopped in Brean, Somerset on the coast for a bracing, hilly walk. It was dry, but windy, and we had a great walk. We made our way back to Devon and it rained very heavily on that leg of the journey, but we got back safely.

Not sure we’ll stay out again in it this year. There’s a possibility in 2 weeks, but we’ll see.
2:01pm
2:01pm, 30 Sep 2024
41,664 posts
  •  
halfpint
Those are all lovely locations. Should be a lovely trip.
2:02pm
2:02pm, 30 Sep 2024
6,461 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Taking a jaunt south for Fountains Abbey Parkrun next week is our next trip.

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...