•  
cackleberry
That looks very smart!
5 Sep
9:23am, 5 Sep 2024
3,329 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
I'm nervous about the whole thing. Excited too.

I really want it and know we will use it. We've done our research and know it's the right van. Happy with the deal too. Happy that we can afford it.

However, it's a huge commitment. Big sum of money, much bigger van. A lot of unknowns; so different to a campervan. Plus I still really like the VW that we are trading in. It really doesn't feel like I've had the VW for 3 years, it still feels like a new toy to me.
5 Sep
9:34am, 5 Sep 2024
12,922 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
3 years :-O I would have said you got it about a year ago… time really does fly.

The bigger van will be brilliant for staying in - and your compromise is likely to come from where you drive and where you park. A bit more thought / planning can overcome that easily.

(Coming from someone who has both a T5 and a 7m Rollerteam Moho)
5 Sep
9:36am, 5 Sep 2024
27,568 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
We've had an 8m motorhome and now have a 6m camper, RR - both have advantages and disadvantages but we have enjoyed both vehicles and used them a lot.
5 Sep
9:46am, 5 Sep 2024
2,897 posts
  •  
forest plodder
We were a bit concerned about getting enough use from a large investment too @RunningRonnie but have used it even more than we thought we might, and still really love it after two and half years. Having a bit more space means we're more likely to use it in quite poor weather.

We also have refillable gas, which is a great advantage in France. We had no issues with topping up last year.
5 Sep
10:58am, 5 Sep 2024
19,737 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
If finances had allowed we would have had a bigger van but alas it wasn't to be

Currently sat in the queue waiting to board Eurotunnel. Have now felt so exhausted and washed out at the start of a holiday. Also a tad emotional seeing all the other dogs going on holiday.

Seems to be a super car rally going on and surrounded by lots of lovely cars and no doubt money

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...