Fetch Camper Vans

93 watchers
31 Aug
3:37pm, 31 Aug 2024
19,698 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Meeps we use a Howdens Insurance - they have been the best we have found price wise and easy contactable. You need to contact the Thatcham Branch
31 Aug
3:38pm, 31 Aug 2024
19,699 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
We are off to France for 4 weeks on Thursday. The van is still currently empty - units should be collected Monday 🫣
31 Aug
4:42pm, 31 Aug 2024
24,068 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Loads of time Moo! where are you heading?
31 Aug
6:31pm, 31 Aug 2024
19,701 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Magney Cours for the World Super Bikes, then Annecy for a chill, coming back up via a couple of other stops (I really can't remember where I have booked but they are both on lakes or rivers)
31 Aug
6:40pm, 31 Aug 2024
15,458 posts
  •  
Meeps
That sounds fab MM, where do you find the sites?

Thanks for the help folks, currently getting quotes. Have put a deposit down, it's an older moho but the mileage and condition and price means we can buy it and see if it is a fit for us :-)
31 Aug
7:48pm, 31 Aug 2024
19,703 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
We have been to Annecy before. I tend to use an old school map, do a route on Google if we have somewhere in mind and then look at the map for places on route. It has worked well so far 🤣
31 Aug
8:28pm, 31 Aug 2024
3,938 posts
  •  
Big_G
I love Annecy. I’ve a few times, including once in the van, and we had a great time.
XB
31 Aug
8:36pm, 31 Aug 2024
18,329 posts
  •  
XB
We went to Annecy two years ago for my 60th. It is lovely.
1 Sep
1:55pm, 1 Sep 2024
3,313 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Mandymoo wrote:Meeps we use a Howdens Insurance - they have been the best we have found price wise and easy contactable. You need to contact the Thatcham Branch

I used them for 3 years, but they're too dear this year. Great service from the Thatcham branch. They give small discount to members of various groups, including the Facebook groups (such as Dubbed Out community). Used Lexham insurance this time. Saved £200 by moving. Managed to do it on the website.
2 Sep
9:25am, 2 Sep 2024
2,879 posts
  •  
forest plodder
Hope you get your units today @Mandymoo and that they go in smoothly.

We're off to France on Saturday, with no particular itinerary in mind. We did plan the east and down to Annecy, but weather looking quite meh, so may head to the Montpellier area instead for some sunshine.

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...