Coronavirus **support** thread

3 lurkers | 160 watchers
Jun 2020
5:42am, 3 Jun 2020
2,634 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Great news Helegant. I hope you are soon cough free too.

D2 - I fear there will be a lot of people with long term issues after having had Covid 19. I don't think enough people realise how much damage it can cause.
Jun 2020
6:52am, 3 Jun 2020
9,761 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
D2 theubhave just checked my mum for Pulmonary embolism in hospital (she has confirmed covid). I believe I had this virus in Feb/March and am still struggling with my breathing at times and have needed an inhaler for the first time ever this year
Jun 2020
7:33am, 3 Jun 2020
35,064 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
That's a useful tale D2. Thanks for posting.

Helegant great that you've recovered fully.

Mandy have you been to doc just to check?

I'm using my inhaler more but no Covid symptoms. Believe it's just hay fever for me. Take care all. X :-) G
Jun 2020
7:42am, 3 Jun 2020
10,298 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
D2 it is quite terrifying the after effects of this virus. My friends brother has been left with clots on his lungs he too was young, for and healthy.

Mandymoo I continue to pray your mom is soon out of the woods with this.

Keep getting better Helegent and Mr H.

I still suspect my virus earlier this year may have been this too, I was so ill, even talking left me breathless & could barley get, let alone stay, upright for weeks. I had 2 weeks off work sick, normally if I’m not well I work from home. I had a cough, severe chest infection that one doctor called pneumonia. Fever, headaches. I lost sense of taste and smell at the time, both returned but taste has become very sensitive to salt and lemon/lime. I loved salt before can barely have it now.

This was late January it took until last month to be able to run without my lungs screaming. I still have some breathlessness on steep hills. If it wasn’t I don’t want anything worse than what I had.
Jun 2020
7:52am, 3 Jun 2020
16,367 posts
  •  
Rosehip
gg, it does sound like you had it and there is more emerging info that maybe it could have been in the country earlier than first thought.
Do you have any idea of where you may have caught it? a potential Spanish/Italian/Wuhan contact at all?
Jun 2020
8:10am, 3 Jun 2020
9,762 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
I remember GG and I being ill pretty much the same time and same symptoms. I had been to Dublin so sat at Gatwick airport for a while and then Dublin for hours and hours due to the delays as it was the big storm weekend
Jun 2020
8:13am, 3 Jun 2020
10,299 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I was in Spain 6-8th December and I first felt poorly on the following Friday (13th) it was my works xmas night out and I had to go home poorly. The cough & headaches started. Like with a cold it hung around but as I was on full tilt at home and work I kept thinking it was kept at bay but mid January it took me out. The doctors kept having catch up phone calls to see how I was and I had strict instructions to call if I felt worse at any point.
Jun 2020
8:17am, 3 Jun 2020
14,513 posts
  •  
Ultra Sparkly Bridget (USB)
LMH - I shared a story about Headley Court taking COVID patients for rehab on a local FB page in order to raise awareness that it is not simply a case of dying or getting better. Got a woman commenting who simply wouldn't have it. She said she wanted facts and figures before jumping to conclusions. IMO the anecdotal evidence is enough for now at least.
Jun 2020
8:27am, 3 Jun 2020
37,399 posts
  •  
LindsD
Can we put D2's links on the sidebar please, if they are reputable?
Jun 2020
8:31am, 3 Jun 2020
34,822 posts
  •  
DocM
i could only get one of those links to work

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s