Coronavirus **support** thread

4 lurkers | 160 watchers
jda
24 Aug
12:04pm, 24 Aug 2024
17,683 posts
  •  
jda
Residents in a care home but not the staff. That’s clever.
um
24 Aug
12:23pm, 24 Aug 2024
8,815 posts
  •  
um
It is addressed later in the full doc jda. I don't why it was separated
The JCVI also advises that health and social care service providers may wish to consider whether vaccination provided as an occupational health programme to frontline health and social care workers is appropriate in future years; and that ahead of such considerations, health departments may choose to continue to extend an offer of vaccination to frontline health and social care workers and staff working in care homes for older adults in autumn 2024.

The government has decided that frontline health and social care workers and staff working in care homes for older adults will continue to be offered COVID-19 vaccination in the autumn 2024 programme in England.
24 Aug
12:41pm, 24 Aug 2024
3,696 posts
  •  
Shades
That's good news that over 65's will get a jab this time. Last round it was over 75's only.
27 Aug
1:07pm, 27 Aug 2024
23,968 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hi all I have been captured by Covid first time since November 2020 and while I have a woolly head and groggy throat the stuffy & runny nose has left me. I started to feel poorly Saturday as I’m paranoid I tested and was negative but friends I was with on Friday night tested positive yesterday a re test showed me also positive.

With the negative test I was happy it was just a head cold my RHR HRV are all in the normal parameters so no sign I had anything untoward and had friend not tested positive I’d not have re tested.

I am due to do a marathon distance event at the weekend it is a challenging run and I would be mostly walking due to terrain and experience from last year so hoping I’m over it in time, but I am obviously aware of how this can bite if you don’t respect it. I’ll be conscious of this in a decision and of course depending on a negative test by Thursday (have to be at event HQ on Friday)

I’ve no idea where it’s come from I was poorly earlier than friend who tested positive but not been in any real contact with people outside of food shopping and a drink at the local on Thursday. It’s def rife again isn’t it.

Hope those sharing their body with Covid are doing ok.
27 Aug
1:11pm, 27 Aug 2024
50,778 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Sorry to hear that gg. Hope you recover quickly. As you know, care must be taken on return to strenuous activity, for potentially weeks after Covid symptoms abate. I think this would include marathons!! Please take care and time. :-) G
jda
27 Aug
3:02pm, 27 Aug 2024
17,695 posts
  •  
jda
I wouldn't have done a marathon that soon after either of my two bouts of covid that's for sure. But of course it can vary in severity. Hope you feel better soon gg.

Just been at the Edinburgh festival for a few days, crowds everywhere and busy trains up and back, so if I'm susceptible, hard to see how I managed to avoid it.
27 Aug
7:13pm, 27 Aug 2024
19,668 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Am testing negative now but still have a croaky voice and irritating cough. Also find I tire easy.

Please be careful @geordiegirl
27 Aug
7:27pm, 27 Aug 2024
23,976 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I will totally be careful there’s too many runners on here who’ve suffered badly with long covid.

Did any of you get any problems with your mouth? Today I seem to have painful roof of mouth and gums when I try to eat and seem to have developed a sickness feeling. Still managing to eat but I could just as easily not bother.

Otherwise the other symptoms are easing.
27 Aug
8:04pm, 27 Aug 2024
19,670 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
My mouth was very sore, really hurt to brush my teeth for a couple of days
27 Aug
8:27pm, 27 Aug 2024
23,982 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Seems that is the cause thanks Mandy.

And I’m fuming…. my auntie called and asked how I am then said ‘I’ve been like this since I got back from Egypt (about 2.5 weeks ago)

Friday afternoon as I was prepping for friends coming my cousin called in they stayed about an hour. She then messaged me on Sunday to ask if I was going out (we normally go out on a Sunday) I said no because I wasn’t feeling great she said me too and described how she was feeling - very similar maybe not as bad as I couldn’t have gone out.

So yesterday when I tested positive yesterday I let her know she said oh I’ll test when I get home…. Turns out she’s been like that for a few days too 😱 and went out again yesterday as she bumped into a friend of mine. I asked Auntie if J had tested she hadn’t….

I know there’s no way of knowing where this came from but I’m getting a feeling it may be closer than I thought.

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s