Coronavirus **support** thread

5 lurkers | 160 watchers
Jun 2020
8:25pm, 4 Jun 2020
3,836 posts
  •  
FenlandRunner
MN, how about drive without PPE, get where you are going. Put on gloves, then put on mask?
WA
Jun 2020
8:26pm, 4 Jun 2020
6,969 posts
  •  
WA
Yes TM. Makes me mad too. I hate wearing a mask for patient visits but seeing them used incorrectly really makes my blood boil.
Jun 2020
8:30pm, 4 Jun 2020
5,417 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
Guess that works FR if you’ve been meticulous and know that your car door handle is clean (and are sure nobody else has touched it), along with your keys and steering wheel. But if you’ve touched anything with any risk, putting the gloves on is pointless.
Jun 2020
8:30pm, 4 Jun 2020
2,597 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
Most here are worn by people using private cars for commercial parcel deliveries.
Jun 2020
8:31pm, 4 Jun 2020
5,418 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
For example- I live in a block of flats. As soon as I open that front door with my hand- putting on gloves or mask is a bit pointless.
Jun 2020
8:40pm, 4 Jun 2020
7,395 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
Well I have just booked a drive thru COVID test for tomorrow as I have several symptoms and have felt progressively worse over the last few days. Surprisingly simple on gov website.

Not a great week for me as I discovered a water leak yesterday which has badly stained my kitchen ceiling and will require extensive repainting. Fortunately fixing it wasn’t too tricky but I now have no bath for a few days while everything dries.

Ironically the job market has started to pick up and I expect it will be just my luck if I am out of the market when the recruiters come calling!
Jun 2020
9:02pm, 4 Jun 2020
40,994 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
TMW, hope you get a negative outcome but better safe than sorry
Jun 2020
9:11pm, 4 Jun 2020
17,928 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Yes hope you’re ok TMW
Sil secondary school kids delighted with masks: it’s a big gang thing there. The lovely SallyKate from this site has been making friendlier masks if you want to fmail her Macca she may still be willing and unlike me she’s a class act when it comes to homecraft. The ones I made were fit for purpose tho as in I know the surgery can’t social distance when treating him and he’s in an enclosed space for over 15 min
Friend made redundant no notice from Debenhams and another friend With young family asked to take a 70% cut. Hard times.
Jun 2020
9:17pm, 4 Jun 2020
40,995 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
I thought Debenhams had gone to the wall anyway Dipps. Not good news though.
Jun 2020
9:20pm, 4 Jun 2020
17,929 posts
  •  
Serendippily
No there are some stores still going. She worked in travel and they informed her by text. It’s like the worst kind of dating

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s