•  
LindsD
easypm.ie
Sep 2020
1:23pm, 19 Sep 2020
40,799 posts
  •  
LindsD
Each area knows which level they are at.
Sep 2020
1:25pm, 19 Sep 2020
11,471 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Agree on both points LN and Bazo. I do think dice 4th July ease off restrictions they stopped the daily briefs and then it’s nothing. I thought at the time weekly would be a good balance.

Much like with Brexit (sorry it’s not politics really) I think all parties should work together, neither issues are about individual party fights it’s about doing the best they can for the UK.
Sep 2020
1:28pm, 19 Sep 2020
915 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Tring Ultra cancelled as National Trust withdrew permissions on their (open) land of Ashridge Estate. OMM cancelled because Holyrood want no risk after organisers had risk assessed plans approved.

People were saying good decision by organisers of the OMM yet it wasn't their decision!

I posted this on Twitter - has to be better than lockdown.

At a country level imagine we have 100 Corona credits. Then assign tasks nominal levels eg. Opening work = 50 credits, bars = 30 credits, sport = 30 credits. (Don’t agree the numbers it’s an example). If you go overdrawn cases go up and if you can’t shield or protect the most

Vulnerable then deaths go up.

Ideally we would shield and have a solid social care system which allows the rest of us to live as normal. People saying ‘no risk’ and ‘one death is too many’ are idiots - what about suicide? Car accidents? Fights? Stabbing? Heart disease? Stay indoors and don't do any cooking!

Why choose an arbitrary illness to go all in on? Note also spending 100mil(or was it bn) on testing is stupid too as we could just reinforce social safety nets and the NHS for that. It’s like prescribing drugs when actually some exercise and diet education would be far better.

Those crap ready meals which are based on points to lose weight rather than eating real food. But that doesn’t make money. Back to COVID. Imagine now you have 100 Corona Credits - how will you spend them today? Different people have more credits - Young <40 BMI <26 have 150 But similarly points are deducted for at risk issues. (You’re not any less of a person don’t cry).

These points also link to the amount of money available to you in the social safety net as compensation. Anyway a lot longer than I meant it to be - just an idea.

I was also thinking you could have scores for going on holiday so 14 days quarantine would be 1400 points and effectively you’d have a COVID points debt to pay off by staying at home for 14 days. I don’t like it as a proposal as you’d end up with COV(ID) cards tracking our every movement but don’t our Phones, bank cards and cctv do that anyway? The alternative is the public doing the right thing and we know how well that goes.
Sep 2020
1:29pm, 19 Sep 2020
17,568 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
That looks good, but levels 3/4/5 on the gatherings row dont feel like they make sense
Sep 2020
1:33pm, 19 Sep 2020
17,569 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I am not sure if I am just slow, but I dont really follow that idea ToTri.

Also this isnt some arbitrary illness and it cant be compared to suicides, car accidents etc
Sep 2020
1:41pm, 19 Sep 2020
698 posts
  •  
Non-runner
I like it Totri.
Sep 2020
1:45pm, 19 Sep 2020
916 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri

But let’s keep scaremongering and ruining the lives of our kids (6 deaths for <14).

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.