Cats in Boxes

4 lurkers | 97 watchers
Dec 2022
9:52pm, 5 Dec 2022
10,463 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Oreo eats more this time of year and is also more likely to eat half of what he is given and then demand something else.

I think it’s because he doesn’t want to go out so much in this weather so he’s bored and eating is a substitute. We try and play games with him to give him something to do.
Dec 2022
9:53pm, 5 Dec 2022
17,682 posts
  •  
NDWDave
Someone noticed the ice cream

Dec 2022
10:03pm, 5 Dec 2022
10,838 posts
  •  
leaguefreak

I would like to apologise to anyone I have advised on how to discourage cats from getting on the kitchen surfaces. It appears I know nothing and my hoomansplaining was mere vanity.
Dec 2022
10:29pm, 5 Dec 2022
9,854 posts
  •  
Raemond
My late 'Nny would never get on a Kitchen counter, (except for the one spot from which he could get to the open transom window in our house in Cardiff, where he was allowed) , nor on a table (except when the window sil in our house in Riethoven was blocked and he couldn't see out).

I got so used to him being a perfectly well behaved cat that I can't remember any more how I trained him.
I think it was mostly by throwing cushions.

The new kittens have a lot to learn.
Dec 2022
10:32pm, 5 Dec 2022
27,241 posts
  •  
Lizzie Whizz
Mason only gets up if we have ignored his polite requests for fresh water - sniffs all the cups until you serve him!
CK2
Dec 2022
8:39am, 6 Dec 2022
1,577 posts
  •  
CK2
Someone noticed the ice cream

Ours circle us when we have ice cream and have frequently been caught licking the lid or empty bowl. The same with yoghurt and one will lick an open (soya) milk carton if not caught in time! She tried licking a bowl with the remains of something spicy that we’d left unattended but was quick to the water afterwards. She’s also been partial to a dropped pea. Our old cat loved chips.
Dec 2022
9:20am, 6 Dec 2022
27,261 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Caught ours up on the counter, settled in comfortably, licking the hob *again*
Dec 2022
10:30am, 6 Dec 2022
10,740 posts
  •  
sallykate
Last week I fed two of mine and left the food for the third on the kitchen counter, thinking to put it down when he came in.

Half an hour later I saw that the third bowl had been eaten. Not sure who the culprit was!
Dec 2022
10:48am, 6 Dec 2022
38,227 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
ours don't knowingly go on the kitchen sides but I am sure they do as they sleep in the kitchen
Our utility room has a work surface where we put recycling and this is where Dio will hunt down random bits of carboard or plastic and proudly present them to us in the lounge!
Dec 2022
11:12am, 6 Dec 2022
5,948 posts
  •  
quimby
Arthur has the run of the kitchen and the downstairs office at night. I dread to think what he gets up to. Well, other than producing giant cat logs.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!