Baking thread

2 lurkers | 99 watchers
Jul 2020
2:47pm, 25 Jul 2020
1,893 posts
  •  
TBR (TheBeardRunner)
the wife and daughter made homemade pizza for the first time today for lunch. Very nice!
Jul 2020
2:54pm, 25 Jul 2020
39,259 posts
  •  
LindsD
Nice!

That is vegan though, isn't it? The own brand?
Jul 2020
2:57pm, 25 Jul 2020
1,420 posts
  •  
Paul N
Is it? I never even noticed!

There you go, I did better than I thought 😂
Jul 2020
2:58pm, 25 Jul 2020
39,261 posts
  •  
LindsD
I'm pretty sure :)
Jul 2020
3:11pm, 25 Jul 2020
1,034 posts
  •  
poppyH
Mmmm TBR. We're having pizza tomorrow.
Jul 2020
3:19pm, 25 Jul 2020
2,985 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Whilst not very high cocoa content last time I needed vegan chocolate Sainsbury's basic dark was a good cheap option. Lidl were selling vegan Galaxy at 99p a bar which is very good - probably a special though.

Pizza looks good TBR.

Are you expecting guests Nico?

Just finishing the yogurt cake. I liked it so much I'm very tempted to try a raspberry version tomorrow as I still have some of MiL's raspberries from last year in the freezer. A bit scared to do it in case it isn't as nice if you know what I mean?
Jul 2020
3:32pm, 25 Jul 2020
39,262 posts
  •  
LindsD
I bet it will be though
Jul 2020
3:36pm, 25 Jul 2020
2,244 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
The banana bread I made this afternoon is the best yet - think it's because I used Stork instead of unsalted butter (couldn't be bothered waiting for it to soften out of the fridge). Also dolloped some chocolate almond spread on to before baking.

Have frozen the rest of the ripe bananas - might try blitzing them into ice cream or something.
Jul 2020
5:07pm, 25 Jul 2020
2,986 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Your banana bread sounds nice. I do the banana 'ice cream' quite a lot, even my OH really likes it. About two tablespoons of cocoa flavours three large bananas very well though I sometimes need to add a little milk. I've also added ginger biscuits to make chocolate ginger. Favourite alternative (and the one I started with) is peanut butter with or without a couple of digestive biscuits.

I hope it is Linds though changing the fruit might make a difference. I thought raspberry with almond essence instead of the vanilla as I have Alpro plain with almond yogurt.
Jul 2020
9:07pm, 25 Jul 2020
1,873 posts
  •  
panad
So the end result of today’s baking marathon was some bara-dinsky, a seeded wheat sourdough loaf, some carrot cupcakes, grapenuts and we had a mushroom lasagne for tea , with some mini-apple pies (fallers from tree in garden) to use up the last bit of pastry from something made earlier in the week for pudding :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by LindsD
Can't find one, so I thought I would start one, to share ideas, results and recipes....and the all-important pictures.

Recipes we like: cakes

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=552

Recipes we like: bread

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=553

Recipes we like: savoury snacks

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=554

Recipes we like: biscuits

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=555