60 plus - still stormin' (and/or struggling)

2 lurkers | 60 watchers
4 Oct
3:02pm, 4 Oct 2024
32,859 posts
  •  
macca 53
Ah! I see now - my club ysed to do sessions like that around an industrial estate built on a grid system so all the sides are squares.
4 Oct
3:25pm, 4 Oct 2024
40,788 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Thank you Sharkie. The blog title cunningly concealed the information in the blog itself :-)
8 Oct
5:03pm, 8 Oct 2024
2,941 posts
  •  
forest plodder
Some great running going on, but not from me.

After a really awful lack of consistency, I'm determined to get back to more regular running, and rebuild my running fitness. I did no running at all during the weeks in France, just walking and cycling (latter not far). It's noticeable how much longer I'm taking to recover after a run at the moment, so let that be a lesson to me!

Three times a week, up to about 8k is the initial plan.
8 Oct
5:07pm, 8 Oct 2024
2,942 posts
  •  
forest plodder
Ah, my club does Chinese relays, but we can them "Meet and greet" which maybe is a name more indicative of what the session includes.
8 Oct
5:14pm, 8 Oct 2024
22,893 posts
  •  
Sharkie
I have done some ok track sessions (plus a not so great one this Sunday) but it's mainly dance for the next ten days with just on day off when Raffo and I are doing culture instead - the London Monet's at the Courtauld and the film about the exceptionally wonderful Lee Miller at Hackney Picturehouse.

I've been double jabbed today ...good excuse to claim sore arms if James insists on energetic plank variations at tonight's Contemporary class.
8 Oct
5:27pm, 8 Oct 2024
32,882 posts
  •  
macca 53
I’ve entered an actual race this weekend (a quarter marathon), so I had my last run before it this morning. I’m hoping to get about 70 minutes 🤞🤞

8 Oct
6:18pm, 8 Oct 2024
2,998 posts
  •  
Canute
@forest plodder it is good to see you back.
@sharkey it is good to see that you are doing some good track sessions.
@macca 53 good luck in the QM.
My previously troublesome knee is coping well with my modified C25K programme. I have completed 7 weeks and have increased jog duration to 20 minutes with no trouble. I am champing at the bit to jog further but have been taking care to increase stress on the knee very gradually.
8 Oct
6:20pm, 8 Oct 2024
2,999 posts
  •  
Canute
Oops, I have just discovered that you have a near namesake on Fetch, @Sharkie .

Sorry for the mistaken notification @sharkey
8 Oct
7:30pm, 8 Oct 2024
22,894 posts
  •  
Sharkie
How very dare he! Not you Canute - and your super cautious approach re lengthening the jogs does seem to be paying off. Must be a mixture of encouraging and frustrating.
12 Oct
7:10pm, 12 Oct 2024
32,896 posts
  •  
macca 53
We can do this

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Here's my latest wizard wheeze. A running/training/competing/whatevering thread specifically fo...