•  
Looby Loo
That’s very sad GG.
4 May
2:56pm, 4 May 2024
15,047 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I hope that this mornings parkrun with you as RD went well Lesley!

There are no hard feelings Steve between me and the other two. We have known each other for about 10 years.

The parkrun went well, see below.

Well done for this mornings 2 miles, run/walking with a cold. I'm sorry to hear that your wife has a chest infection, and hope that it soon clears up.

This mornings Salisbury parkrun went well GG, see below.

I'm very sorry to hear that one of your club running friends has taken her own life. It was a lovely gesture for you and your other club runners to run in tribute to her and her husband and daughter❤️🙏

My Salisbury parkrun actually went much better than I had at first thought. My finish time was 28.38, 10 seconds slower than Brockenhurst a couple of weeks ago. I looked at the stats, and each mile was quicker than at Brockenhurst. I was puzzled, and then realised that Brockenhurst was slightly under 5k and Salisbury was over, being nearly 3.2 miles. I was happy with my WAVA of 70.14%. I was second AG 75-80, but the 1st who was 5 seconds ahead of me, had a WAVA of 66.5%..I presume that he must have been in the lower age in the category, whereas I'm in the upper.
4 May
4:22pm, 4 May 2024
6,871 posts
  •  
steve45
So sad about your club member gg.

Excellent park run hs . Puzzling how some courses are not "spot on" when calibrated measuring devices are readily available.
4 May
6:41pm, 4 May 2024
15,050 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, I think the reason for the difference in distances is because although courses are accurately measured with a wheel, Garmins measure in a straight line and not round the bends. I may be wrong, but that is my theory.
4 May
9:07pm, 4 May 2024
3,805 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Our course was measured (lots of times) with a wheel but nobodies garmins ever give the exact distance. They are definitely not accurate.

Well done on your runs Steve and HS, it's a good time on your Parkrun.

That's really sad GG, sorry to read that.

Parkrun went well today, some errors with the timers but all got sorted. They both pressed their phones when they shouldn't have, then my first runner didn't take a token (he often doesn't).

I went for a run this afternoon whilst my OH and the wee man visited Granny and Granda. There is a new path that I wanted to try and it was really good.
4 May
11:14pm, 4 May 2024
4,139 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Why wouldn’t he take a token Lesley?
Great running HS you’re very unlucky not to get first in age with that time.
I would have ran sub 30 or close yesterday but due to a large field there was staggered start. I stood beside the 30 sign but then over took walkers. Hope Torey gets well soon Steve.
5 May
9:32am, 5 May 2024
3,806 posts
  •  
Lesley C
He often doesn't, he comes and runs most weeks and his Mrs volunteers, neither are bothered about times/volunteer credits.
5 May
9:38am, 5 May 2024
22,231 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That is odd but maybe just being there is enough.

Excellent parkrunning by you hs you are a little machine.

I shouldn’t be running today but my head needs a few easy miles. We stayed at in laws last night so a nice pootle home from here will be pleasant.

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday I’m super grateful it’s a bank holiday I got lots of stuff put away yesterday but still have the medical stuff and excess snacks from Jordan to rehome back to their rightful place.
5 May
10:08am, 5 May 2024
6,872 posts
  •  
steve45
According to info I've just been reading about errors on Garmins etc recorded distance on the watch is usually longer than actual/real distance for various reasons. Your theory about straight lines hs is also right (see Google answer if you ask the question " do Garmin watches measure in straight lines?").
Good RD work on park run Lesley and nice to have found another path to run too .
Well done LL on an "awkward" park run. Thanks, Torey is much better but now I have a horrible cold, this only did 1.5 miles this morning and felt well below par.
Getting back to routine/normal gg and hope the poodle home did the trick!
5 May
10:51am, 5 May 2024
22,232 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Last week in the desert my watch tracked shorter distances than others I have one of the higher spec garmin’s so wonder if mine may be more accurate or if the GPS was a bit out compared to Apple and Corus

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000