4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
30 Apr
5:35pm, 30 Apr 2024
11,712 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I hope all has gone well PeterFay

Well done for your race too Peter and your longer race Lesley.

A nice total Steve considering where you were just a few months ago.
30 Apr
8:45pm, 30 Apr 2024
1,027 posts
  •  
Dave_K
Well done on Balmoral Lesley & good running everyone. 😀

A wee bash around the trails at Beecraigs Country park tonight for me
1 May
9:16am, 1 May 2024
6,859 posts
  •  
steve45
Thanks FF, I needed to get my act together.
A nice bright and sunny Farmer's Walk makes a change from wet and cloudy hs. Good going as always.
Evening or night running Dave_K? Trails are the best but head torch a must after sunset.
Pleased to start May with 3.2 miles along trails although after 10 mls of overnight rain the puddles are already re emerging and they've only recently dried out! Didn't see a soul while I was out and there are far fewer people running around here than in recent months.
1 May
11:45am, 1 May 2024
1,028 posts
  •  
Dave_K
An evening run Steve, so no head torch needed.
There are lots of great trails at Beecraigs. Don't think I've discovered all of them yet
1 May
4:36pm, 1 May 2024
15,033 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I hope that you enjoyed yesterday's evening run Dave.

It made a nice change yesterday morning Steve, bright and sunny 🌞

Well done for this mornings 3.2 miles.

The Wednesday Group ran 4.31 miles this morning including 5 x 100 metres, 5 x 200 metres with 30 seconds recoveries, and 4 x 400 metres with 60 seconds recoveries on grass.

This afternoon I walked a total of 3.31 miles which was there and back from a cafe where I was due to meet two friends for lunch. Unfortunately, there was a mix up with the date and they weren't there. I wasn't impressed, having walked all those miles, after this mornings running miles.

The mix up was due to the organiser messaging me several weeks ago advising meet up 1st May Friday at 12.30. I should have noticed the error there and then, but had entered it in my diary and calendar for 1st May. It was embarrassing for me sitting at a table alone, and having to phone Chris to ask why no-one else had turned up. She checked the message that she had sent to me, and admitted that it had stated 1st May. I've booked it now for Friday 3rd May.

I'm definitely not running tomorrow, after todays morning running session, and this afternoons walking. I will, however, be walking to the polling station to vote for the Police Commissioner. I don't know why I'm bothering really, as I haven't seen a police officer, or pcso for several years. Our police station closed down about 10 years ago!
1 May
5:16pm, 1 May 2024
10,210 posts
  •  
PeterFay
Thanks for all the well wishes.
Op went well yesterday. Now sitting in wheelchair at Gate in Aberdeen Airport. Home at 19:35.🤞
(Wheelchair is just to get me through airport palaver)

Nice start to May, Steve45 and April ending, DaveK.
1 May
5:44pm, 1 May 2024
22,213 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Firstly welcome Falcarious and well done on a fast in 4yr parkrun and 200 volunteer credits – epic! And hello PeterFay good to see you again. How lovely you got to meet up with LesleyC at Balmoral race, sorry it was a wet and miserable day for it Lesley but well done for toughing it out and for your run on Saturday Peter and safe travels.

Keep enjoying your time in NZ, plenty time to keep above the line when you’re back Loo.
Some great running by everyone and it was nice to see your comment on a run today (?) Steve saying you felt strong. Hs you are certainly packing in all the running! Hope the hygienist wasn’t too problematic & how frustrating that there was a lunch date mix up.

I must ring the dentist having lost a filling on the day I flew out to Jordan, fortunately it’s a tooth that gives me no issue but it needs fixing.

Did you get your new car FF?

I’m sadly back in work mode (aka miserable and wishing my life away) but doing some bloggage about Jordan is keeping me entertained and reminding me why working is necessary. Due to high water levels and miserable wet forecast we’ve decided to stay home this weekend rather than go to the boat so I’m going to make myself a photo collage for my wall in the office so I can look at the amazing adventure I’ve just had and hope it makes work less miserable.

I had a run with a friend last night, lots of fun being silly taking photos and off out with another friend tonight. Grateful that I have no issues following said adventure.
1 May
6:20pm, 1 May 2024
11,721 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I got the car a week last Monday geordiegirl. We came away Friday and I'm getting used to it. We've been out every day exploring the area and despite the weather we're enjoying it.
1 May
8:04pm, 1 May 2024
22,214 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Glad to hear you got the car and also that you’re out and about exploring. Have a great time.
2 May
8:48am, 2 May 2024
6,862 posts
  •  
steve45
Easy mistake to have been made hs but a waste of time! Don't blame you having a rest day but you did a fine interval session which deserves a recovery.
Good to see you back here gg , good that all's well on the running front after your adventure. Yes, I felt good yesterday but only in respect of run/walking. Impossible to run for mere seconds still but keeping my HR in a training zone which fits me for endurance. Today's run/walk was somewhat harder on a hilly road route. We had thunder as I left the house at 6.15am but thankfully the rain stopped at mile two of my 5 miler.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000