1000 miles in 2024

5 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
29 Apr
8:23am, 29 Apr 2024
6,854 posts
  •  
steve45
Enjoy the holiday LL! It'll be over all too soon, you're well above the line and that's all you need to be!!

Out at 6 .20 am today and these light mornings are the best and it was just a little bit warmer . Good thing. I prefer heat to chill .
4.2 miles with trails which are now

bone dry!
29 Apr
8:26am, 29 Apr 2024
10,208 posts
  •  
PeterFay
Nice to meet up with LesleyC at Run Balmoral, if briefly (she was cold and wet having just completed the15 mile trailrace). Well done Lesley.

I was not running that day but did run the 10k on Saturday (when the weather was perfect).
29 Apr
8:42am, 29 Apr 2024
11,705 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Hello Peter it's good to see you here again. How are you doing?
29 Apr
11:36am, 29 Apr 2024
15,018 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Falcarius for your 200 volunteering achievement, and your fastest parkrun for 4 years.

The arm is ok now Steve and I ran this morning, see below.

Well done for this mornings 4.2 miles on trails.

Hi Peter and welcome back! It's good to hear that you are still running πŸ˜€

This morning was my first run since Wednesday, and I ran a hilly 7 miles on roads with a running friend. Garmin Connect advised me that I was "detraining" I don't like the new format on Garmin Connect, and wonder why they decided to change it. I'm one of the old school "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" !

I've got an appointment with the Hygienist this afternoon, so that's something to look forward toπŸ˜†
29 Apr
12:30pm, 29 Apr 2024
6,856 posts
  •  
steve45
Heck has, quite a jump back into a decent distance, glad you're ok after your COVID jab.
We never use the prompts on our tech gadgets!
Good to see you still putting in a few miles Peter. Any further forward on surgery?
Great that you did a fine trail race Lesley but pity it was wet and cold. Good job you're made of stern stuff .
29 Apr
3:59pm, 29 Apr 2024
3,794 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Good running all!

Hope you are enjoying NZ LL.

Well done GG! I am sure you will write more about your adventures when you can.

That's an excellent achievement Falcarius. I will be on volunteer no 49 this weekend.

Was good to see you yesterday Peter, well done to you and Els on your runs. I was cold and desperate for a cup of tea.

The race was hard work, the scenery was stunning though. The hills in the second half really slowed me down and the last decent (at over 14 miles in) was rough, muddy and steep - my knee hated it. It was forecast for heavy rain and we had heavy drizzle from about 1.5 hours in. Was cold at the start but I soon warmed up - then cooled right down once I had finished. Finished in 2.42 and some seconds - a few mins faster than my B goal. My A goal would have been unachievable at the moment. I was glad the rain started once I had gotten back to the car.
29 Apr
7:05pm, 29 Apr 2024
10,209 posts
  •  
PeterFay
I realised you were cold and wet and felt guilty at delaying you - but good to see you, LesleyC. Elspeth was miserable with the cold too.

Run Balmoral 10k was the first time donning a number since 2019, although I have kept going with parkrun slowly.
Back op is tomorrow (in Aberdeen). Hope that it makes some difference (not guaranteed) ...
29 Apr
8:37pm, 29 Apr 2024
3,795 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Hope it all goes well Peter.
30 Apr
8:46am, 30 Apr 2024
6,858 posts
  •  
steve45
That sounds like some arduous run Lesley and quite an achievement overall given the bloody weather! Well done.
Coincidence I asked about your surgery Peter. Hope it goes well today and there's the improvement you're after.

3.2 miles this morning gives me my best monthly mileage for four years. Such a total might not have much relevance to lots of runners but for me in my situation it's one target I was able to chase. 113 miles for the month. Still nowhere near like proper Spring weather down here.
30 Apr
2:59pm, 30 Apr 2024
15,028 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thank's Steve; well done for this mornings 3.2 miles, and your best monthly mileage for 4 years, 113.

Well done Lesley for your 15 mile run, in what sounded like very arduous conditions.

Well done Peter for your Balmoral 10k, your first race, except for parkruns since 2019. I hope that your back operation today goes well, and will enable your race pace to improve.

A nice bright morning this morning, and just the usual Tuesday Farmers Walk.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000