100 miles a month in 2023

1 lurker | 64 watchers
Monthly par by the end of today is 100.0
Apr 2023
5:25pm, 4 Apr 2023
79,643 posts
  •  
Gobi
geordiegirl also had a chi coach, there is shorter and there is shorter. I still fly at speed with my cadence at 180
Apr 2023
5:53pm, 4 Apr 2023
313 posts
  •  
Pam runs
Thanks Gobi I've just checked and I seem to run at 170 cadence most of the time.
Apr 2023
7:21pm, 4 Apr 2023
20,148 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
You pace flies Gobi my little legs don’t but I find the chi way a much better way to run.
Apr 2023
7:23pm, 4 Apr 2023
20,149 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
An on location run after work with Magsy really enjoyed being away from the local streets. Love that spring has sprung. 4m brings me to 24.5/100
Apr 2023
7:25pm, 4 Apr 2023
34,838 posts
  •  
Sushi.
11.9/100

That's was a horribly hard horribly slow post nights shuffle. I always feel queasy in a motion sickness type way on the day I finish nights
Apr 2023
8:43pm, 4 Apr 2023
28,531 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Just 3.5 this morning and a rest day yesterday, so just on the line with 13.9

Mr Ness says my running pace is hindered by my awkward stride pattern because of my resurfaced hip. I'm trying to use some of the exercises I do in weight training to improve hip flexibility (squats, lunges etc) but I'm not sure if it's helping.

I haven’t had your hip op etc, but left hip isn’t moving as well as it should. PT gave me an exercise where you lie on your side with hips and knees both at 90degrees and a smallish diameter roller between your knees. Roll the roller backwards and forwards really gently so the top knee goes in front and then behind the lower one.

It seems to be helping

(The issue I have is that my pelvis will tuck under evenly but the left side doesn’t tilt back very well. Made getting the right form for deadlifts v difficult and my left leg doesn’t extend out behind me very well when I run.)
Apr 2023
8:45pm, 4 Apr 2023
28,532 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Ness

Drat, trying to add tag posted before I meant to
Not sure any of that makes sense
Apr 2023
8:59pm, 4 Apr 2023
7,221 posts
  •  
westmoors
22/100. April is beginning to look up!
Apr 2023
9:07pm, 4 Apr 2023
30,207 posts
  •  
Ness
Thanks, Rosehip I think I've understood what you're saying. I actually didn't explain myself that well. My hip inflexibility are much more long term than back to my hip resurfacing.

I originally broke my hip when I was 14. I was, we believe, allowed to walk on it to soon which caused a major disruption to the blood supply and degradation of the head of the femur. When this was discovered (I was 16 at the time) I had three months on on bedrest to allow the femor to regrow. It did, but not evenly so then I had femoral osteotomy surgery, where the neck of the femur was broken, the ball of the femur was repositioned to give me a solid surface to walk on, then the neck of femur was bolted back together again. It remained stable until I was in my 30s and then started degrading again. I had the resurfacing when I was 35.

This means, although the later resurfacing has given me a solid surface to walk and run on, there is a twist in my leg that I can't seem to counter. That roller exercise might be worth trying. Thanks.
Apr 2023
9:08pm, 4 Apr 2023
30,208 posts
  •  
Ness
Good news, westmoors

About This Thread

Maintained by Ness
Exactly what the title says. A thread for if you’re targeting 💯 a month.

fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=R&mileage=1200

And the Centurions League......

fetcheveryone.com/league-centurions.php

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.