Who Squares Wins!

174 watchers
May 2020
8:58am, 29 May 2020
34,990 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Sorry CW, who was your question to?

My request for history is just for the fun and interest of seeing how a game progresses. Like "moves list" in my Scrabble games! Just for Fetch to build what JCB etc. have done workarounds for etc.

But maybe your question was related to something to do with grid moves. I've never moved my grid except once when I changed my job location! :-) G
May 2020
9:12am, 29 May 2020
8,001 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
Hi HappyG, my question was to you. It might be nice to have history but it could be used to gain an advantage in your current game and would be detrimental to people like VJ with limited access to squares. That's why I voted no to the feature request. Sorry!
May 2020
9:19am, 29 May 2020
34,993 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Oh, I hadn't even thought about that CW! You devious player you! ;-) Fair point. I just meant it would be interesting to see where one had been, how the score evolved, and maybe which squares your opponent got as the game(s) progressed. Didn't mean it for any reason other than that. Fair enough voting against it. This is a democracy after all! :-) G
May 2020
9:27am, 29 May 2020
2,451 posts
  •  
Pothunter
At the risk of turning :-) G into :-( G I voted against as well. I think it would make tactics too easy.

But the curious in me understands why you asked for it. A retrospective progression of a particular game would be good to see - the recent WSW multiplayer final for example :-)
May 2020
9:29am, 29 May 2020
122 posts
  •  
mattglen_
One thing I was thinking of, which is kinda similar, was if a feature was added to show the changes when they happen, but not exactly a history. So if you get the "your WSW score has been updated", it somehow shows which squares have changed hands/state. On a busy grid this isn't always obvious.

I'm getting outdone at the moment and the score is being updated a couple times a day, but it would be helpful to see if my opponent has won squares off of me, caked squares, or is going over the same squares they already own etc.
May 2020
9:29am, 29 May 2020
45,518 posts
  •  
McGoohan
I hadn't thought about the tactics of it either. And I thought I was quite tactical just because I look at the map before I go out!
May 2020
9:54am, 29 May 2020
34,996 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
McG, we're clearly not taking it seriously enough! :-O

I'm same, if I actually look at the map and think about which squares, I consider myself a ninja ninja Hence my confusion at the question about cheating! #toothicktocheat

No probs about down voting it. I'm rarely :-( G ! :-) G
May 2020
2:00pm, 29 May 2020
9,388 posts
  •  
ITG ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ธ
(Considers deleting map from gallery to preempt spying. Never even considered it.)
JCB
May 2020
2:09pm, 29 May 2020
1,207 posts
  •  
JCB
It can be a moot point as you donโ€™t know if theyโ€™ve moved their grid. ๐Ÿ˜‰ though certain constrained geographies may be obvious.
May 2020
3:45pm, 29 May 2020
792 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
I was hoping to get my grid master badge this week, but 2 days in and a very sore right foot means I'm out for the rest of the week easily, if not two :( That badge will keep... Shame though, I'd made a good dent!

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php